Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup vs. Dora the Explora

Stanley Cup vs. Dora the Explora

The Oilers' quest of a sixth Stanley Cup title could put them in direct conflict with the Dora the Explorer stage show set for Rexall Place June 17.

The NHL, however, has scheduled Game 6 of the final that night should the series go that far.

Northlands Park was aware of the potential problem when the NHL released its schedule Tuesday.

Northlands Park runs Rexall Place, the arena the Oilers play in.

Spokeswoman Bonni Clark said the NHL, Rexall Place and organizers for the Dora show are working to find a solution for all parties involved.

This is the second time the Dora stage show has affected the NHL's playoff scheduling.

During the second round, the Ottawa Senators were forced delay Game 2 against the Buffalo Sabres because the popular show was scheduled for Scotiabank Place on May 6 and 7.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stan...eave-town.html
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stanley Cup vs. Dora the Explora

I blame (Bob) Boots...

Even more of a problem could be the humidity and the effect it has on the ice in Carolina.

This is a toss up series, the Oilers are a lot like the Sabres and that type of team gives the Canes more trouble than a Red wing/Senator type of team.

I'm riding the hot starter and going Oilers in 7

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Even more of a problem could be the humidity and the effect it has on the ice in Carolina.

This is a toss up series, the Oilers are a lot like the Sabres and that type of team gives the Canes more trouble than a Red wing/Senator type of team.

I'm riding the hot starter and going Oilers in 7

Sounds like the bandwagon will now be a tandem bicycle...I still can't believe that the Oilers got past your Red Wings--let alone made it to the Finals.

They are playing with the house's money right now, and doing it with Roloson standing on his head ain't too bad either!

Canes in 5. Dora's show must go on.

I still can't believe that the Oilers got past your Red Wings--let alone made it to the Finals.
    Ride the back of goalie and back check and don't make mistakes, the Sabres had the same thing going for them, but injuries dragged them down.

I'm a big believer in the goalie is a god theory in this stage of the season. add in Pronger and it's like riding Bob Gibson AND Sandy Koufax in the 60's, pure energy as both men front for your team. The Oilers are feeding off it and that creates energy, add that to playing mistake free hockey.

The Canes are a vet team and Brind Amour and Weight are tenacious, but the back end of their team is not as strong as the Oilers, and the goalie situation could become an issue if they get surprised in the start and fall behind a couple of games.

This is why hockey is a second class sport. You'd never see Dora the Explorer putting the World Series or Superbowl in jeopardy.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    This is why hockey is a second class sport. You'd never see Dora the Explorer putting the World Series or Superbowl in jeopardy.
    No, that's why Edmonton is a small market, because they don't have the facilities to take care of both and they didn't think they'd be in the finals due to recent history.

Second class sport... pshawww.... why I oughta.....

A few years ago, wasn't it the Republican National Convention that forced the Houston Astros to act like nomads for the better part of a month? Stuff happens.

There was also an article I read this morning (can't find it now) pumping up the idea of there being two "small market" teams in the Stanley Cup Finals now with a new labor agreement in place. I guess they forgot who the last two Stanley Cup finalists were.

According to George Carlin, hockey is the perfect combination of two sports: ice skating and beating the crap out of someone.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    According to George Carlin, hockey is the perfect combination of two sports: ice skating and beating the crap out of someone.
    Fighting in hockey is an overplayed hand, doesn't happen that much.

Vilolence and hockey on the other hand is another story.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Same thing happened in Ottawa during round 2. Game 2 had to be moved because of Dora the Explorer.

That being said, I think it will be a very good series, I think the canes are very good team and they have been coached wonderfully. Injuries or not, they were the better team against the Sabres and deserved that series. (And thats difficult to say being a Sabres fan and about to become a season ticket holder)

I like the Oilers with their two former Sabres who have played terrific (Rolloson and Peca) and love Pronger's game.

It's a toss up in my book, but WOY has apoint, the ice in Carolina could come into play. I'll say Canes in 7, but wouldn't bet the house on it.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

The game yesterday was pretty good, however without Roloson it's going to be a tough row to hoe for the Oilers, the Canes roll 4 lines pretty well and 3 of them are scoring threats at anytime.. which is evident by the comback that came whilst I was watching the Reds game thinking the Oilers had it wrapped up.

One thing is for sure, you don't win games without winning a few faceoffs now and then. Brind Amour is a beast in the circle and the Canes are primed to show how matchups control this game when it gets at the higher level.

I'll take the Stanley cup over Dora, but Dora wins handily against the NBA finals. :
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?