Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIA prospects.

MIA prospects.

What is the status with Chris Gruler, Thomas Pauly and Rafel Gonzalez? Why no reports or updates? I did read a while back the Gruler was given a shot to be back in Dayton in May, but he is still MIA. Are they inlisted in the CIA or Special Ops? J/K, but why so secret and hidden? Will we ever see any of the three on the mound with the Reds again?

Any updates or accurate projected timetable would be nice? Anyone?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MIA prospects.

Not sure but I think Gruler is in Fla at extended spring training

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

HBP's right, I think. If a guy is still in the organization but not on a current roster, he's probably in Sarasota rehabbing or working out. I'm not sure what they do with those guys when extended spring training ends and the short-season leagues begin, but they can probably keep rehabbing there.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Enigma

A source told me that Pauly (who had shoulder surgery) had a setback with elbow pain. No word whether it turned out to be serious. That source didn't seem to think Gruler was very close yet either.
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-10-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Rafael Gonzalez I believe is dealing with "personal issues". Gruler is in Extended ST.

What about Wirfin Obispo? He was hyped before the season but then disappeared. Hanging out in Sarasota waiting for Billings to start up?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Wirfin still has not gotten his Visa to play in this country. Until he does, he will not be playing here. Something has been holding it back, someone will remember it more clearly but I remember something involving a wife?

Found some info in Gruler and Pauly. Minor surgeries to clean out their shoulder joints.

Nice time line of their tragic careers so far.

http://allstar.rotoworld.com/scb/lm/...586&X=0&Y=9033

http://www.redreporter.com/story/2005/5/9/132151/6511
    Last edited by cjtenn28; 06-16-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Today's Billings newspaper dropped a few names on this years roster and Gonzalez name was included.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtenn28
    Found some info in Gruler and Pauly. Minor surgeries to clean out their shoulder joints.

Nice time line of their tragic careers so far.

http://allstar.rotoworld.com/scb/lm/...586&X=0&Y=9033

http://www.redreporter.com/story/2005/5/9/132151/6511

FYI, these articles are from last year, hopefully they have recovered from those surgeries

The biggest news ever

You ask, we try to deliver. A few days ago, you may recall, several commenters went a little nutty demanding updates on erstwhile pitching prospects Rafael Gonzalez, Chris Gruler and Thomas Pauly. Thanks to the great and powerful Grant Griesser, assistant farm director, we have the following for you:

Gonzalez is in Billings and will be part of the Mustangs' rotation. He's still throwing 95 mph heat.

Gruler has faced some hitters in Sarasota and will see some action with the Gulf Coast League team when it begins play next week.

Pauly is continuing to rehab in Sarasota on a daily basis. He may be back at some point this year.

You may all resume your normal, everyday lives.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...r.asp#comments

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    The biggest news ever

You ask, we try to deliver. A few days ago, you may recall, several commenters went a little nutty demanding updates on erstwhile pitching prospects Rafael Gonzalez, Chris Gruler and Thomas Pauly. Thanks to the great and powerful Grant Griesser, assistant farm director, we have the following for you:

Gonzalez is in Billings and will be part of the Mustangs' rotation. He's still throwing 95 mph heat.

Gruler has faced some hitters in Sarasota and will see some action with the Gulf Coast League team when it begins play next week.

Pauly is continuing to rehab in Sarasota on a daily basis. He may be back at some point this year.

You may all resume your normal, everyday lives.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...r.asp#comments

OBM,

Thanks for the update. You the man

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by knuckler
    What about Wirfin Obispo? He was hyped before the season but then disappeared. Hanging out in Sarasota waiting for Billings to start up?
    I must be dyslexic. At first glance it looked like "Oprah Winfrey" (Wirfin Obispo).

i like keeping gonzalez in the rotation so he can work on all his pitches and get innings. but he is someone i have always thought would become a relief pitcher who threw 95-97
    Last edited by NewEraReds; 06-19-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    i like keeping gonzalez in the rotation so he can work on all his pitches and get innings. but he is someone i have always thought would become a relief pitcher who through 95-97
    He was said to have the second best stuff for the Reds behind Homer. So if he has learn how important staying is shape is then leave him in the rotation.

Turn Off Ads?