Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIA prospects.

Re: MIA prospects.

apparently you havent seen our pen lately. im not saying you move all your best arms to the pen, but we could use one or 2 guys who can actually throw down there. we have ZERO power arms in the pen, outside of coffey who throws 93-95. look at the white sox, they brought in a lefty on friday who sat at 96-97 then brought jenks in who never went below 97.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    apparently you havent seen our pen lately. im not saying you move all your best arms to the pen, but we could use one or 2 guys who can actually throw down there. we have ZERO power arms in the pen, outside of coffey who throws 93-95. look at the white sox, they brought in a lefty on friday who sat at 96-97 then brought jenks in who never went below 97.
    Even if he were to move to the pen right now, he still wouldnt be close to helping the Reds out of the bullpen for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Even if he were to move to the pen right now, he still wouldnt be close to helping the Reds out of the bullpen for 3 years.
    first, i never said to move him to the pen. i just said i thought thats where he would end up, thats what i envisioned. and i dont care when he helps, we just need to develop power arms, both as starters and for the pen. im sick of seeing all these teams trot out guys throwing 96 plus and we have one guy who throws over 92(yan doesnt count )

In my mind you keep all your guys with potential starter ability as starters. If they can't hack it there, THATS when you move em to the pen...

Gonzalez should start. Glad to hear he's back, was very puzzled by his absence...
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    In my mind you keep all your guys with potential starter ability as starters. If they can't hack it there, THATS when you move em to the pen...

Gonzalez should start. Glad to hear he's back, was very puzzled by his absence...
    read my original post, thats what i said

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    read my original post, thats what i said
    I did newera, and i must have misunderstood your post.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

i like keeping gonzalez in the rotation so he can work on all his pitches and get innings. but he is someone i have always thought would become a relief pitcher who threw 95-97.
    i said, keep him in the rotation. but he is a pitcher i "THOUGHT" would "BECOME" a relief pitcher.

Turn Off Ads?