Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns and Reds

Re: Browns and Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Reds/Browns here as well. Blame the generational pass down from dad-to-son.

I haven't done my job though - Both boys are Bengals fans. My boys like the Reds, but one likes the Tigers and one likes the Mets. Go figure.
    Trade em in, you lost that bunch.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Who would like a team that closely resembles something floating in my aerator tank?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefred
    On the Browns fans site I see a good amount of Reds chatter.

I wonder how may folks out there root for the Browns and the Reds?

My family is from Troy. Closer to Cincinnati, but they were Browns fans from the very start. And they converted.
    Been a huge fan of both since around 1964.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    There is something unatural about this pairing. I think for the safety of the future of the children of Ohio this should be outlawed and anyone afflicted with this obvious split personality disorder should be institutionalized immediately.
    I know guys who are Bengals/Indian fans. What's up with that?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Who would like a team that closely resembles something floating in my aerator tank?
    Who started both teams?

"Luke, I am your father!"

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Who started both teams?

"Luke, I am your father!"
    Al Lerner?

I know guys who are Bengals/Indian fans. What's up with that?
    I understand the Reds/Browns dynamic; I don't really care for it but I understand. But Bengals/Indians? That's pretty odd right there. At least they've got one right.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody
    But Bengals/Indians? That's pretty odd right there. At least they've got one right.
    Go Tribe.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Go Tribe.

:thumbdown

:thumbdown

sorry, my eyes are going bad, I thought that was a double-wide ....

I like Bengals fans. Sat next to a few at the Browns/Bengals game in Cincinnati this year. Worried sons-of-a-guns over a 4-9 team. Nice people, good football conversation. Great time.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I'm Reds/Jaguars

*crickets chirp*

Yeah yeah yeah :
    Dude I feel you man! I'm a Reds/Dolphins guy! Never lived anywhere but Ohio, family is from Ohio, and we are just Dolphins fans!
    Let's make some noise!

Al Lerner?

Mr Paul Brown.

We call you guys Paul Brown's BA******

I understand the Reds/Browns dynamic; I don't really care for it but I understand.
    We don't care that you don't care for it.

It's what happens when you live on the Mason-Dixon line in Ohio, and were raised during a time when the Browns were the only pro FB team in Ohio.

Mr Paul Brown.

We call you guys Paul Brown's BA****** .
    My point (in jest) that you missed was that, technically, Paul Brown did not start the current Browns franchise. Al Lerner did. The franchise that Paul Brown founded packed up and moved to Baltimore.

I hate having to spell these things out for Browns fans.

We don't care that you don't care for it.

It's what happens when you live on the Mason-Dixon line in Ohio, and were raised during a time when the Browns were the only pro FB team in Ohio.
    I remember a time when the Bengals were the only pro FB team in Ohio too...shortlived though it was. See you September 17th.

My point (in jest) that you missed was that, technically, Paul Brown did not start the current Browns franchise. Al Lerner did. The franchise that Paul Brown founded packed up and moved to Baltimore.

I hate having to spell these things out for Browns fans.
    Those aren't the Browns - thems the Ravens.

Part of the deal was that the Brown's name, and all the tradition that goes with the organization (including the history of Paul Brown), staid in Cleveland.

When you go to the Raven's website, you don't see any of that. You see, well, Raven's stuff.

I remember a time when the Bengals were the only pro FB team in Ohio too...shortlived though it was. See you September 17th.
    Looking forward to it. Ya escaped by the hair of your chinny chin chin in Cincy last year, while Crennel's D gave Palmer his worst QB rating of the year (53.5).

The Browns have a 33-30 record vs the Bengals.

We've both made the post-season since 2000.... and we both got beat by Pitt in the 1st round.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-16-2006 at 06:52 PM.

By GAC:Part of the deal was that the Brown's name, and all the tradition that goes with the organization (including the history of Paul Brown), staid in Cleveland.
    The Browns ended (from my viewpoint anyway) when Art Modell fired Paul. That's when the organization truly became 'staid' in Cleveland. (Pun intended )

True Browns fans followed Paul to Cincinnati and his rebirth as the Bengals, the true heirs to the Brown legacy. Modell meanwhile continued his carpet-bagging ways and decided that he liked crabcakes better than Lake Erie perch and moved the team to Baltimore. The NFL, faced with exposure of it's lack of noblesse oblige towards the hard-working folk that inhabit the south shore of Lake Erie, magnanimously (by their standards) waved their magic wand and told the decendants of Moses Cleaveland that everything will be OK, we'll just put a bunch of scrubbs in your fair city, tell you it's the same team and you'll never know the difference. Oh, by the way, give us a sum approximateing one-half of the gross domestic product of Brazil and we'll call it even.

Ahhh GAC, you young, young man. You've been following the Browns since '64, the year the Browns drubbed the then Baltimore Colts (ironic, isn't that?) in the '64 NFL Championship game 27-0. I, OTOH, can remember, like it was yesterday, saying to Dante Lavelli ....um, well, nevermind...

Rem

My Dad is a Browns fan. I'm still not quite over Art Modell moving the team, but I root for them ...... for my Dad.

Turn Off Ads?