Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Browns and Reds

Re: Browns and Reds

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    We've both made the post-season since 2005....
    Good one...you need to fire your fact checker.

remdog's story closely follows that of my dad. He wasn't happy with the way Paul Brown was treated in Cleveland by Modell and as soon as he started getting support for a new team in Cincinnati, my dad was on board. I was raised a Bengals fan and a Paul Brown fan from the start. I certainly have respect for the history and accomplishments of the Cleveland Browns but not much so after 1962.

GAC, you and I brother will have to rest our hats on the common ground we share as diehard Reds fans.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    The Browns ended (from my viewpoint anyway) when Art Modell fired Paul. That's when the organization truly became 'staid' in Cleveland. (Pun intended )

True Browns fans followed Paul to Cincinnati and his rebirth as the Bengals, the true heirs to the Brown legacy. Modell meanwhile continued his carpet-bagging ways and decided that he liked crabcakes better than Lake Erie perch and moved the team to Baltimore. The NFL, faced with exposure of it's lack of noblesse oblige towards the hard-working folk that inhabit the south shore of Lake Erie, magnanimously (by their standards) waved their magic wand and told the decendants of Moses Cleaveland that everything will be OK, we'll just put a bunch of scrubbs in your fair city, tell you it's the same team and you'll never know the difference. Oh, by the way, give us a sum approximateing one-half of the gross domestic product of Brazil and we'll call it even.

Ahhh GAC, you young, young man. You've been following the Browns since '64, the year the Browns drubbed the then Baltimore Colts (ironic, isn't that?) in the '64 NFL Championship game 27-0. I, OTOH, can remember, like it was yesterday, saying to Dante Lavelli ....um, well, nevermind...

Rem
    Grade A stuff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody
    Good one...you need to fire your fact checker.
    Sorry - meant 2000.

GAC, you and I brother will have to rest our hats on the common ground we share as diehard Reds fans.
    That's fine with me. I follow and root for the Bengals. It's not like they are the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-17-2006 at 05:41 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

True Browns fans followed Paul to Cincinnati and his rebirth as the Bengals, the true heirs to the Brown legacy.
    I'll respectfully agree to disagree with you there rem.

I'll respectfully agree to disagree with you there rem.
    Ah, youth.....

Rem

Ah, youth.....

Rem
    I just got my AARP membership card in the mail there Moses!

Geesh! I can't believe I'm defending getting old.

I'm reporting you to all your neighbors back in Parma.

I'm reporting you to all your neighbors back in Parma.
    Is remdog Drew Carey???

Those Parma people - you just can't trust'em
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

OK, OK. Just to set the record straight, I don't have any neighbors in Parma 'cause I grew up in Seven Hills----even if they made me go to Parma High School. :

Rem

Turn Off Ads?