Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If weathers goes to dl who do we call up

got alil captain in u?

If weathers goes to dl who do we call up

if weathers goes to the dl who do we call up wagner has stunk at AAA mike burns is a no no we all kno that standbridge isn't exactly good either

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: If weathers goes to dl who do we call up

No way do you call up Wagner. He got shelled today for 3 runs in 0.2 innings and his ERA is at 7.07. We might be looking at someone from AA.

I am hoping for someone from AA, but if we go AAA Standridge is probably the most likely canidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I'm not sure it makes a difference, since we are deciding on not who will be the best but who will be the least horrible. But I bet it will be Burns. And then I will kill myself.

Burns..you know his story
    Go Gators!

Standridge doesnt seem to be on the 40 man roster, so they would probably have to make a move to get him on it unless they have a spot open.

My guess would be that they would recall Burns or Gosling.
    I would rather see Salmon get a shot over those guys.

Shafer from AA

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Standridge doesnt seem to be on the 40 man roster, so they would probably have to make a move to get him on it unless they have a spot open.

My guess would be that they would recall Burns or Gosling.
    I would rather see Salmon get a shot over those guys.
    You could just transfer Wilson to the 60 day DL to make room on the 40 man roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Wagner

Audition him for a trade. As much as I hate to say this, I feel that he has no place with the Reds anymore.

I always liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Wagner

Audition him for a trade. As much as I hate to say this, I feel that he has no place with the Reds anymore.

I always liked him.
    I like that idea. Who knows, maybe he has just lost interest and he will step it up if he gets the call. We all know what Burns would do if he got called up.

Wagner can't get AAA scrubs out, I'd fear he'd get annilated up here and have less then zero trade value.
    Go Gators!

What about Dumatrait? He was recently called up to AAA. I could see Wagner also or Burns.

I missed today's game, what happened to Weathers?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    I missed today's game, what happened to Weathers?
    Left with shoulder stiffness.

It appears to be tendonitis and he'll avoid a trip to the DL. Hopefully, a couple days rest will get him straightened out.

CINCINNATI -- It was one of the few times a pitcher might be kind of glad he has arm tendinitis.

That's because Reds reliever David Weathers thought he was dealing with a far worse alternative.

Called from the bullpen to begin the eighth inning against the Cubs on Sunday, Weathers allowed Michael Barrett's leadoff single. Phil Nevin then slugged a 1-0 pitch for a two-run homer to left field. Matt Murton followed with a single to center field.

Weathers was seen stretching his arm, and pitching coach Tom Hume came to the mound with the trainer. After a few moments, Hume signaled for Chris Hammond from the bullpen, and Weathers walked off the field.

"I threw the first slider to Nevin, and my arm went to sleep," Weathers said after the Reds' 9-3 loss to the Cubs. "My hand was shaking real bad. I threw the next pitch -- home run. I tried to throw a pitch to Murton down and away, and I couldn't finish it. It felt terrible.

"I'll be honest with you. I've been playing since '88, and when I walked off the mound, I thought I tore it. I've never had that feeling before in my career."

Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek examined Weathers and, after a few tests, diagnosed the 36-year-old setup man with shoulder tendinitis.

The team's closer until a couple of weeks ago, Weathers threw 24 pitches in the ninth inning during Saturday's loss. He warmed up to come in for the seventh, if needed, but starter Eric Milton escaped a jam and finished the inning.

"I'm not a young guy anymore," Weathers said. "When you throw 30 pitches as a relief pitcher, that's almost like a starter throwing 110. On top of that, it's a 13-to-14 hour turnaround [from Saturday]. All of those things factor in. But that's baseball. That's my job to go out there and pitch."

The pitcher will be reevaluated on Monday, but an MRI test was not expected to be necessary.

"Right now, we don't expect it to be a [disabled-list injury]," Reds manager Jerry Narron said.

"I would be very, very surprised," Weathers responded when asked about the DL. "They think, with a couple of days -- maybe three days -- of just rest, it's going to respond."

Weathers is 2-2 with a 4.38 ERA and nine saves in 28 appearances this season.

Turn Off Ads?