Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    all for riding a motorcycle. Owning one and riding it on rural/country roads would be OK but it it is high risk to ride them in urban areas, they are too vulnerable and often hard to see as well.
    I don't know. Hitting a deer at 55 mph can hurt. I also know a lot of people who have hit gravel, or something loose on the road and got dinged up pretty badly. You also have to remember that country roads have a lot of blind turns and hills, and people don't like to stay on their side of the road all the time. Riding a motorcycle is just inherently dangerous anywhere. I've done my share of riding, but if I was a professional athlete, I think I could give it up. I'm just sayin.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 06-12-2006 at 03:34 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana
    according to www.pittsburghlive.com he has suffered serious injuries to both knees, a broken jaw, and lost most of his teeth. Terrible news, this could be the end of his football career.
    So basically we have 24 yr old Ben Roethlisberger feeling like a 44 yr old Roethlisberger and looking like an 84 yr old.

ESPN News just mentions broken jaw and interviews Post-Gazette reporter...

They think that the accident wont prevent him from playing this season...

Pardon me as I take whatever ESPN says with a huge block of salt lick.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

IMO this is bad news for football fans everywhere, similar to the situation with Palmer. With those 2 guys healthy the NFL had a nice shot at a 5-10 year rivalry of elite quarterbacks within the division. Everybody loses when these guys get injured so badly, IMO.

Get well Ben, get well Carson ... we'll leave the lights on for you.

GL

"soup is good food"

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle

I see no way they can tell this early on. I'd say its one of those wait and see things. There is no need to rush a quarteback who is going to have an outstanding career.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle

I think it's a little too soon to make any prognoses. They should wait until they get an actual report from a doctor. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with, no matter how slight. The bad thing about it is that, from what I've heard in the past, even a single head injury can make a person more susceptible to future head injuries.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I hope he just recovers. I could not care less if he plays again.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I think it's a little too soon to make any prognoses. They should wait until they get an actual report from a doctor. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with, no matter how slight. The bad thing about it is that, from what I've heard in the past, even a single head injury can make a person more susceptible to future head injuries.
    Wise words.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Wise words.
    Ones ESPN (and the main stream media in large part) dont take seriously enough.

[QUOTE from Pittsburgh board]

First of all, let's hope Ben is OK. Second, I am disappointed Ben's lack of judgement....he has a responsibility to himself AND the other players (think of the receivers they drafted to work WITH Ben). Third, too bad it wasn't Carson Palmer on that motorcycle.
    This is a horrible tragedy and I hope he recovers to learn from his mistake.

That said, I had a dear friend killed on a motorcycle last year... in June as a matter of fact. He was wearing a helmet but it didn't help him when a new driver crossed the double line and hit him head on.

I hope I never have the displeasure of meeting anyone even remotely as tasteless as the person quoted above from the Pittsburgh board. I hope others on that board don't share his particular lack of character.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-12-2006 at 04:24 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone

This is a horrible tragedy and I hope he recovers to learn from his mistake.

That said, I had a dear friend killed on a motorcycle last year... in June as a matter of fact. He was wearing a helmet but it didn't help him when a new driver crossed the double line and hit him head on.

I hope I never have the displeasure of meeting anyone even remotely as tasteless as the person quoted above from the Pittsburgh board. I hope others on that board don't share his particular lack of character.
    From Bengals Insider.

After listening to Stooler's fans laugh about Carson's injury for the past months, I could care less. Karma.

"Screaming for vengeance"!!!! SEE YA BEN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

TB - Unfortunately, there are always a few bone headed backward thinking (insert your favorite expletive here) folks areound many message boards. One great thing about Redszone is they usually cant be found here or quickly disappear when they are found. I think football message boards, IMHO, tend to be worse.

That being said, most of what I have read today has been positive, and I have to say that many of my fellow Steeler fans have wished the best for Palmer in his recovery as they know wheat he means to the Bengals, the city and the game as a whole.

I stated above, I really dont care if he plays again, I just hope he s OK. Unfortunately, the risks of riding his bike caught up with Ben. It could have been ALOT worse, and for that, I am sure he is thankful.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

A Bengals fan less classy than myself would say karma is a *****

Turn Off Ads?