Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    If bike helmets are not mandatory, why are seat belts?

I'm sorry to hear about Ben. Hopefully he'll be back in time for Sam Adams to get a shot at his knee on Sept. 24.
    Good quesiton.....

$$$ - Nice little boon for local and state governements on those tickets.

Cigarettes are really bad for you but are legal. I think its mostly what the govt can make the most. With tobacco, its the sin taxes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Difference is, I think Big Ben dodged a major bullet compared to Winslow and JDub. Unless something else is reported later, it doesnt sound like he has anything broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    Difference is, I think Big Ben dodged a major bullet compared to Winslow and JDub. Unless something else is reported later, it doesnt sound like he has anything broken.
    Seeing that he is in surgery, my guess would be that there are plenty of things broken. They aren't going to worry about that until they get his head fixed though, so i'm sure he hasn't been though any xrays or anything of that nature.

Just wow. That is awful. And yes, I hate the Steelers, but not the players as people. Tragic. I hope he is OK.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I honestly thought Roethlisberger was smarter than this.

I feel awful to see him get injured like this -- but, at the same time, just have to marvel at the idiocy and immaturity of this kind of decision. He's a multi-millionaire and a Super Bowl champion in only his 2nd season of professional sports. If he keeps improving, he has the chance to become one of the best. To risk it all for a thrill is just mind boggling.

I hope for a speedy recovery and a great start to the season for him.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Many players have clauses in their contracts specifically banning activities like riding a motorcycle.

In my misbegotten youth, I had to lay my motocycle down to avoid getting splattered by a 80 yr. old lady who didn't see me. My helmet-covered head bounced off a curb. My helmet got a big split in it. I got a mild concussion.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I think the real concern here might be for potential swelling of the brain. I seem to remember that Dennis Weathersby had that problem when he had his car accident, although I might be mistaken. I think one possible treatment is to remove a portion of the skull to relieve pressure, placing the removed piece in the abdomen to keep it supplied with blood until the swelling goes down.

I hope it's not that bad, but whatever it is, I suspect he's going to be handled with caution for a while. Head injuries can cause a lot of problems for a football player. I hope he's alright.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

updated info from that link:
    According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

A plastic surgeon has been called in, the source said.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Like smoking
    No, it's not like smoking at all.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Good quesiton.....
    It's easy--insurance. The greater number of people killed in auto accidents, the higher premiums go for everyone. Keeping people strapped in isn't simply a matter of personal safety, it also has financial consequences for everyone.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I guess he won't be a pretty boy anymore. I wonder if the joy of riding motorcycles without a helmet was all worth it (or riding them at all). There are way to many stupid drivers in cars out there for me, and the car is always going to win.

Also sounds like the Steelers could be in need of a QB for the fall.

ochre's quote doesn't sound like Ben will be playing anytime soon. Good luck with the rehab. Bengals fans try to take the high road with this one. Some Steelers fans took the low road with the Palmer thing, lets try to show some class as an example to those mouth breathers
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    ochre's quote doesn't sound like Ben will be playing anytime soon. Good luck with the rehab. Bengals fans try to take the high road with this one. Some Steelers fans took the low road with the Palmer thing, lets try to show some class as an example to those mouth breathers
    Bitin lip...

How exactly do you break a sinus cavity?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    How exactly do you break a sinus cavity?
    By smashing your face into a windshield.

Turn Off Ads?