Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    By smashing your face into a windshield.
    If he wore a helmet his face would not be in such bad condition.
    He should be lucky that he didnt break his neck when he flew over the handle bars like someone I know.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    No, it's not like smoking at all.
    Im saying its like smoking in that is a legal risk a person is taking. Not that bike riding without a helmet is the same as cigarette smoking. Both are pretty bad for your health but legal to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    By smashing your face into a windshield.
    -rimshot-

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Im saying its like smoking in that is a legal risk a person is taking. Not that bike riding without a helmet is the same as cigarette smoking. Both are pretty bad for your health but legal to do.
    Ah, OK gotcha.

I actually wrote a paper while in college discussing why/how the U.S. could legally outlaw the production and purchasing of cigarettes. I think it was pretty convincing.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    I actually wrote a paper while in college discussing why/how the U.S. could legally outlaw the production and purchasing of cigarettes. I think it was pretty convincing.
    ... and the reason they won't is they can't live without all those tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    ochre's quote doesn't sound like Ben will be playing anytime soon. Good luck with the rehab. Bengals fans try to take the high road with this one. Some Steelers fans took the low road with the Palmer thing, lets try to show some class as an example to those mouth breathers

It seems like one Steeler fan wishes it was Palmer:
    OH Stiller
    (6/12/06 2:04 pm)

First of all, let's hope Ben is OK. Second, I am disappointed Ben's lack of judgement....he has a responsibility to himself AND the other players (think of the receivers they drafted to work WITH Ben). Third, too bad it wasn't Carson Palmer on that motorcycle.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    ochre's quote doesn't sound like Ben will be playing anytime soon. Good luck with the rehab. Bengals fans try to take the high road with this one. Some Steelers fans took the low road with the Palmer thing, lets try to show some class as an example to those mouth breathers
    I plan on it, but it won't matter...Steeler fans are Steeler fans.

However, I can't be low and cold like them.

I wonder if Steeler fans believe in Karma? Sadly, this is what Karma can do. They celebrate Carson's leg getting snapped like a twig and laugh and mock.

They're not laughing now.

Neither am I.....I hope Ben makes a full recovery and has no long-term permanent damage from this.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 06-12-2006 at 03:21 PM.

according to www.pittsburghlive.com he has suffered serious injuries to both knees, a broken jaw, and lost most of his teeth. Terrible news, this could be the end of his football career.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana
    according to www.pittsburghlive.com he has suffered serious injuries to both knees, a broken jaw, and lost most of his teeth. Terrible news, this could be the end of his football career.
    all for riding a motorcycle. Owning one and riding it on rural/country roads would be OK but it it is high risk to ride them in urban areas, they are too vulnerable and often hard to see as well.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

How's his thumb?

Sorry.....his knees were already not in the greatest shape. This won't help.

Third, too bad it wasn't Carson Palmer on that motorcycle.
    You stay classy, Pittsburgh.

Too bad...if his knees are in as bad a shape as it sounds, he's in definite big time trouble.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

This won't be the end of his football career but it will certainly make things more interesting in the AFC North.

With Big Ben and Palmer recovering from serious injuries, the division is up for grabs. It was essentially the Steelers to lose, now they may be running Kerry Collins/Charlie Batch out for the first three weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I live in California and helmets are mandatory here. I had to give a lecture at Iowa State recently and couldn't believe the number of college students A) on motorcycles and B) without helmets. They were running around everywhere on them with their girlfriends on back, didn't see one with a helmet.

A number of my family members ride motorcycles and they all wear helmets. My personal reasoning is that just like in a car, you WILL have an accident at some point. When that accident occurs wouldn't you prefer having a helmet. My brother has an old helmet of his with the back side missing all its paint from his head running along the cement in a relatively mild accident.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    It seems like one Steeler fan wishes it was Palmer:
    Its fans like this that make me want to take the low road.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    all for riding a motorcycle. Owning one and riding it on rural/country roads would be OK but it it is high risk to ride them in urban areas, they are too vulnerable and often hard to see as well.
    I know a few people who have raced motorcycles, both motocross and road racing. They all have said the same thing, they love to ride them, but none of them would ride one on the street. Too many stupid people not paying attention out there.

Turn Off Ads?