Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 121

Thread: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

  1. #61
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,726

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    I hope all turns out well for Ben. Football is just a game. Life and limb are the important thing. As a Bengals fan, I want to play PITT w/ Ben. That is the way it should be.

    Don't let a few jerks get ya upset. For every jerk there are at least a hundred others hoping all end's well for Ben. Whether they are from CLEVE, CINN, BALT, INDY or wherever. Loud-mouths are always heard, but should always be ignored.

    This Bengals fan and caring person hopes Ben is ready for PITT's 1st game.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member harangatang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,546

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    I hope all turns out well for Ben. Football is just a game. Life and limb are the important thing. As a Bengals fan, I want to play PITT w/ Ben. That is the way it should be.

    Don't let a few jerks get ya upset. For every jerk there are at least a hundred others hoping all end's well for Ben. Whether they are from CLEVE, CINN, BALT, INDY or wherever. Loud-mouths are always heard, but should always be ignored.

    This Bengals fan and caring person hopes Ben is ready for PITT's 1st game.
    Well said and I agree. As much as I dislike the Steelers I hope Big Ben recovers and plays football at full strength again.

  4. #63
    saboforthird
    Guest

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    If bike helmets are not mandatory, why are seat belts?

    I'm sorry to hear about Ben. Hopefully he'll be back in time for Sam Adams to get a shot at his knee on Sept. 24.
    I'm sure motorcycle helmets will soon be required, but in my opinion seatbelts in vehicles are required for only one reason: it saves insurance companies a TON of money. Sure, it's in the name of "protecting our drivers", but don't believe it for a second. Insurance companies are in bed with Congress.

  5. #64
    saboforthird
    Guest

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Good quesiton.....

    $$$ - Nice little boon for local and state governements on those tickets.

    Cigarettes are really bad for you but are legal. I think its mostly what the govt can make the most. With tobacco, its the sin taxes.
    Well, I did say that I thought that insurance companies (and the money they save when accidents aren't as severe as they would be without seatbelts) are the culprit as to why seatbelts are required, but you listed a very good reason, too. I'm just sick of government (and those they are in bed with) masquerading their attempts to make a buck (or save a buck) in the name of "we care about you".

  6. #65
    Harry Chiti Fan registerthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,872

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    I'm sure motorcycle helmets will soon be required, but in my opinion seatbelts in vehicles are required for only one reason: it saves insurance companies a TON of money.
    ...which also saves DRIVERS money, because when the insurance companies are paying out, who do you think ultimately picks up the tab?

    Fewer people dying = less paid out by insurance companies = lower premiums for drivers = seat belt laws.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

  7. #66
    Bunn-O-matic max venable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Posts
    2,745

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    The other car was driven by a 62-year-old woman, with Ohio license plates that read WHODEY, police said. They didn't immediately release her name and no charges were filed.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

  8. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    The other car was driven......Ohio license plates that read WHODEY...
    You are kiddung me, right!?! Oh, the irony!

    I wonder how Cowther would take that.

    Rem

  9. #68
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    He wears a helmet playing football, but not while riding a motorcycle.

    Smart.... real smart.

    I hope he is gonna be OK.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  10. #69
    saboforthird
    Guest

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    ...which also saves DRIVERS money, because when the insurance companies are paying out, who do you think ultimately picks up the tab?

    Fewer people dying = less paid out by insurance companies = lower premiums for drivers = seat belt laws.
    My argument has nothing to do with how the drivers fare financially from this seat belt law. There is no cause/effect between premiums being lower and having to wear a seat belt.

  11. #70
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    My argument has nothing to do with how the drivers fare financially from this seat belt law. There is no cause/effect between premiums being lower and having to wear a seat belt.
    Well, if you get into an accident and the insurance company finds out you weren't wearing a seatbelt, I would say there's a good chance your premiums will go up, even if you didn't cause the accident. Insurance companies like to reward drivers who engage in safe behavior.

    Regardless of how you feel about seatbelts/helmets, smart money says "wear them." For those who don't want to, please make sure you've filled out your organ donor card.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  12. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    My argument has nothing to do with how the drivers fare financially from this seat belt law. There is no cause/effect between premiums being lower and having to wear a seat belt.
    As registerthis said, the less insurance companies pay out, the less they have to charge. Don't get me wrong, they want to turn a profit too, and the insurance companies are some of the hardest lobbiers around, but its simple economics. The less money you have to pay out, the less money you have to make. Again, I see your point that insurance companies make more money because of it, and I'm not saying its right, but remember they have to show their accounting records too. If there is any serious evidence of insurance companies just pocketing your money, you'd know about it. Everyone is out to get the insurance companies.

  13. #72
    Member GullyFoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    492

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    If people don't want to wear seat belts or helmets or if they want to smoke they should be forced to sign waivers saying they will not pull from public and private resources when it goes bad. They shouldn't be allowed to drive up my insurance premiums and health care costs.

    Freedom of choice is fine, they can be stupid, but not if I have to subsidize it.

  14. #73
    "Let's Roll" TeamBoone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,841

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    People who have accidents pay higher premiums for auto insurance as do smokers for health/life insurance.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

  15. #74
    post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    "a rugged-looking white man with curly hair on his motorcycle"

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06163/697655-66.stm

    I hope he fully recovers physically and mentally.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

  16. #75
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    In my misbegotten youth, I had to lay my motocycle down to avoid getting splattered by a 80 yr. old lady who didn't see me. My helmet-covered head bounced off a curb. My helmet got a big split in it. I got a mild concussion.
    I have a similar story, Roy. One day I came into a curve and met a car on my side of the road and took the ditch. My helmet-covered head bounced off the asphalt, and I will never forget the sound and feeling of that.
    Last edited by macro; 06-13-2006 at 07:30 AM.

    Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25