Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Balfour Rehabbing in Cincinnati Now

Balfour Rehabbing in Cincinnati Now

From Marc's blog:

Was taken aback upon arriving in the clubhouse this afternoon when Grant Balfour walked through. He's up here "indefinitely" to continue his rehab, though I still don't think he's too close to going out on an assignment.

Mark Mann said the idea was to get him out of the monotony of rehabbing alone in Sarasota and let him be around the team and the coaching staff.
    I like this about the new regime - I think a guy gets something extra from being up here around the rest of the staff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Balfour Rehabbing in Cincinnati Now

Thank GOD, we need BP help quick.

*insert BALLFOUR joke here*

torn rotator

*insert BALLFOUR joke here*

Hard to get too excited about the future of Red's pitching when you are hoping for guys like "Balfour" and "Homer" to come through...

Only in typing my first message did I realize how close his name was to BALL FOUR, and yes, I have noticed the irony in a pitcher being named Homer.

My purpose in posting the original item wasn't to necessarily say here is more help, but rather, to point out the seeming change in this regime in even noticing something about guys rehabbing away from the rest of the club. I think it may help immeasurably to have this change in attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    Thank GOD, we need BP help quick.
    This isn't where you'll find it, at least not quickly. Balfour's damage was pretty severe, if he's pitching anywhere higher than Sarasota this year then the season was a rousing success for him.

snowy1973

I agree that seeing Grant on any baseball field is great news for him and for baseball in Australia.

Don't expect miracles a guy who had two major baseball operations last year.

Prior to that he was an effective hard throwing reliever for the Twins.

Good Luck this year Grant

Hey, Snowy, welcome to the board. I hope you'll start up a thread and give us some information on the state of baseball Down Under.

Turn Off Ads?