Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Krivsky Needs To Make A Move Now

Krivsky Needs To Make A Move Now

Not knocking the new GM because all his moves have been golden. But let's face it, he needs to move now instead of waiting till the July trading deadline. The bullpen is a mess and the Reds need to make a move to acquire two relievers.

So who can the Reds trade that can shore up this area? How about Adam Dunn? Yeah, yeah I can hear it now....here we go again. But let's be honest, Dunn is the most marketable commodity that can bring the most in return. If Dunn was dealt, you could shift Griffey to LF and insert Denorifia in CF. If Griffey isn't receptive to this idea till after the season, then you play Denorfia in LF knowing that the outfield defense is upgraded.

So who would be interested in Dunn and can shore up the Reds bullpen?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Krivsky Needs To Make A Move Now

I would never - under any circumstances - trade Dunn for a bullpen arm(s).
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    I would never - under any circumstances - trade Dunn for a bullpen arm(s).
    Hey, I value the bullpen more than starting pitching. You don't think the 1990 Reds would have won the World Series without the Nasty Boys?

If Dunn can net us two or three arms to bolster the bullpen for now and the future, you have to consider it.

Just guessing here, but I'd say we may have to ride with what we have for the rest of the year. I'm betting that the new administration will be content with possibly contending this season, possibly not... but not devaluing any of the offensive talent in trade during the season and then trying to make hay with free agent arms in the off season.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Not knocking the new GM because all his moves have been golden. But let's face it, he needs to move now instead of waiting till the July trading deadline. The bullpen is a mess and the Reds need to make a move to acquire two relievers.

So who can the Reds trade that can shore up this area? How about Adam Dunn? Yeah, yeah I can hear it now....here we go again. But let's be honest, Dunn is the most marketable commodity that can bring the most in return. If Dunn was dealt, you could shift Griffey to LF and insert Denorifia in CF. If Griffey isn't receptive to this idea till after the season, then you play Denorfia in LF knowing that the outfield defense is upgraded.

So who would be interested in Dunn and can shore up the Reds bullpen?
    We are really way ahead of ourselves on Mr. Denorfia. He is a high BA, good OBP, low power hitter at the AAA level. He is a good fielder but I recall reading that he might be better suited to a corner in the outfield.

I think he has earned a major league spot somewhere. But as Dunn's full time replacement in the lineup?

I would like to see Deno succeed, but his rightful position, at this point, is as a fourth outfielder. Most likely, I think, is that he is trade bait for the pen, not Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    We are really way ahead of ourselves on Mr. Denorfia. He is a high BA, good OBP, low power hitter at the AAA level. He is a good fielder but I recall reading that he might be better suited to a corner in the outfield.

I think he has earned a major league spot somewhere. But as Dunn's full time replacement in the lineup?

I would like to see Deno succeed, but his rightful position, at this point, is as a fourth outfielder. Most likely, I think, is that he is trade bait for the pen, not Adam Dunn.
    I don't know about that. Seems Krivsky values defense highly. And despite Dunn's success for hitting home runs when the game isn't on the line, his defense in LF has everyone kicking the dog.

As I said, Dunn is the commodity that can net the most in return.

Hey, I value the bullpen more than starting pitching. You don't think the 1990 Reds would have won the World Series without the Nasty Boys?

If Dunn can net us two or three arms to bolster the bullpen for now and the future, you have to consider it.
    Dunn better net us more than "two-to-three" bullpen arms.

Most bullypen guys are usually tossed to the fire as trial and error. Sometimes they are guys who've washed out and recycled. I don't mind DFA's in this case since they can't be any worse than they already have.

I am against trading Adam Dunn period. Unless it brings us a starting ace.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Ughhh

No respect.

BTW how many middle relivers (or closers for that matter) can you pencil in for 2-3 good seasons in a row?

Give away Dunn for some magic beans if you want.

But don't cry when your vines die.

To make a move to just make a move doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I agree the bullpen is weak but I think most teams are. What team, that is not in playoff contention, is going to take on salary and have quality young arms in return?

A good middle reliever is valuable, but shouldn't be that difficult to find--and should be had for less than the cost of a player like Dunn.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

trade Dunn for bullpen help, now that is a good idea

I don't know about that. Seems Krivsky values defense highly. And despite Dunn's success for hitting home runs when the game isn't on the line, his defense in LF has everyone kicking the dog.

As I said, Dunn is the commodity that can net the most in return.
    I'm all for using Dunn to improve the team, but it has to be more than a couple of bullpen arms.

I was trying to remember what the package was that the Astros reportedly were offering for Dunn last season. Does anyone remember? There were four names -- a couple of big leaguers and a couple of minor leaguers.

Hey, I value the bullpen more than starting pitching.
    Guys who pitch less are intrinsically more valuable than guys who pitch 150% more. Hmmm, I'll have to ponder that logic for a while.

Why wouldn't they be? They are expected to pitch every day and not every 5th day. A starting pitcher could have a second job if he wanted to!

Sorry, I just couldn't let this little gem slide by....

despite Dunn's success for hitting home runs when the game isn't on the line
    Is that you Marty?

Shouldn't you be off filming a Kroger commercial or something?

Turn Off Ads?