Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

  1. #1
    aboz56
    Guest

    Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    White Sox fan here, going to be at the big series this weekend. Anyhow, just wanted to ask if the Reds allow tailgating in any of their parking lots at GABP.

    If so, which lots? Also, when do the lots usually open?

    Should be a fun weekend, there's a lot of White Sox fans who are planning on coming in and we're looking forward to it.

    aboz56
    Admin, Soxtalk.com

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    Quote Originally Posted by aboz56
    White Sox fan here, going to be at the big series this weekend. Anyhow, just wanted to ask if the Reds allow tailgating in any of their parking lots at GABP.

    If so, which lots? Also, when do the lots usually open?

    Should be a fun weekend, there's a lot of White Sox fans who are planning on coming in and we're looking forward to it.

    aboz56
    Admin, Soxtalk.com

    Welcome soxtalk.com

    Go for it, why not? They allow it for the Bengals game - I see some people now and then do it.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  4. #3
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,319

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    Nothing that prevents it, just don't see it very often. Most people just hit one of the local watering holes near the park then make their way to the game.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    The best thing to do IMO is to hit up Newport. Doesn't Hooters still have the ferry that runs to the game? But if you walk, its quite a nice walk across the river.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    153

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    i guess that answers my question, i will be tailgating then too, i will be in a dark red chrysler newyorker with 2 other reds fans and a white sox fan

  7. #6
    Just The Big Picture macro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The Bluegrass State
    Posts
    6,150

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    I seem to recall that there was a law in the Riverfront Stadium days that probited the consumption of alcohol in the parking lots. Did I dream that?

    Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

  8. #7
    Davey BuckWoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    911

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    Quote Originally Posted by macro
    I seem to recall that there was a law in the Riverfront Stadium days that probited the consumption of alcohol in the parking lots. Did I dream that?
    I think that there was but it was never enforced. Otherwise I'd be at Folsom right now singing Johnny Cash songs.

  9. #8
    Hangar18
    Guest

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    And on that note ................ Can you guys recommend any good bars to hit near the ballpark? Im a big SOX fan and will be hitting a giant tailgate my sox friends are throwing, but Id like to hit a watering hole post-game.
    Any recommendations for visiting Sox Fans? Thanks

  10. #9
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangar18
    And on that note ................ Can you guys recommend any good bars to hit near the ballpark? Im a big SOX fan and will be hitting a giant tailgate my sox friends are throwing, but Id like to hit a watering hole post-game.
    Any recommendations for visiting Sox Fans? Thanks

    Reat this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31267

    If you have more questions, feel free to ask again.

    GL


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25