Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Hang this series loss on Lopez

blugrssblood

Merged: Hang this series loss on Lopez

Game two, Lopez should have turned an easy double play that ended up costing the Reds three runs, he seems more concerned with being flashy than actually getting the out. Now move ahead to the 9th inning, bases loaded, nobody out, Lopez steps to the plate, Lopez now wants to be the hero, swings at the first two pitches in the dirt instead of being patient, Reds lose. I really do think this guy is overrated as a shortstop on this team, there is more to playing shortstop then just hitting. In the clutch, he is not our man, I recall another game, against the Tigers I think, he hurries a throw that he ends up throwing away and costing us the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hang this series loss on Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by blugrssblood
    Game two, Lopez should have turned an easy double play that ended up costing the Reds three runs, he seems more concerned with being flashy than actually getting the out. Now move ahead to the 9th inning, bases loaded, nobody out, Lopez steps to the plate, Lopez now wants to be the hero, swings at the first two pitches in the dirt instead of being patient, Reds lose. I really do think this guy is overrated as a shortstop on this team, there is more to playing shortstop then just hitting. In the clutch, he is not our man, I recall another game, against the Tigers I think, he hurries a throw that he ends up throwing away and costing us the game.
    I prefer to hang the loss on the offense.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

and give some to narron. bases loaded and you bring in a pitcher(yan) who has horrible control. gets behind and he grooves a fastball, game over. and many others. and oh, lets just keep moving that lineup around.

Wow, I'm glad you aren't our GM. Outside of Renteria, Felipe is the best SS in the NL. Against the Tigers, he couldn't find the ball in his glove and was forced to hurry the throw. Even after he did that, he threw a one hopper that was a very pickable ball that RA made a half-hearted attempt to pick. It wasn't RA's fault, but not being able to find a ball in your glove happens from time to time. Felipe is a below average SS, but we already knew that, but please don't try and tell me the reason he is bad is because he tries to be flashy. Our 2nd baseman is more flashy then Felipe is, difference is BP is a gifted defensive player. This is why many think we should move Felipe to 2B and Felipe to SS.

Felipe Lopez is not overrated. He is 7th in the NL in hits and 3rd in stolen bases. He is hitting .285 with a .375 OBP. I would be willing to bet his average will be even higher then it is right now at the end of the year. He is reliable and is in the lineup every day.

As for his at bat on Friday night. Do you not remember him working the count to 3-2 before being called out on a very questionable pitch? He was patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I prefer to hand the whole team

Win as a team lose as a team..and all that rot.
    Go Gators!

blugrssblood

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    and give some to narron. bases loaded and you bring in a pitcher(yan) who has horrible control. gets behind and he grooves a fastball, game over. and many others. and oh, lets just keep moving that lineup around.
    We need to send Narron to school on situational hitting. His idea of making a lineup is "try a guy at that spot, and if he hits, keep him there, for a few days" Really, I think our best number two hitter would be Hatteburgh, he gets on base and puts the ball in play. To Narron's credit though, he doesn't have a true number 4 hitter, Although Dunn is probably the best for right now. Griffey probably wouldn't have hit that winning homerun off the Cardinals if he didn't have Dunn hitting behind him. I would have liked to see the Reds bring in a guy like Nevin.

blugrssblood

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Wow, I'm glad you aren't our GM. Outside of Renteria, Felipe is the best SS in the NL. Against the Tigers, he couldn't find the ball in his glove and was forced to hurry the throw. Even after he did that, he threw a one hopper that was a very pickable ball that RA made a half-hearted attempt to pick. It wasn't RA's fault, but not being able to find a ball in your glove happens from time to time. Felipe is a below average SS, but we already knew that, but please don't try and tell me the reason he is bad is because he tries to be flashy. Our 2nd baseman is more flashy then Felipe is, difference is BP is a gifted defensive player. This is why many think we should move Felipe to 2B and Felipe to SS.

Felipe Lopez is not overrated. He is 7th in the NL in hits and 3rd in stolen bases. He is hitting .285 with a .375 OBP. I would be willing to bet his average will be even higher then it is right now at the end of the year. He is reliable and is in the lineup every day.

As for his at bat on Friday night. Do you not remember him working the count to 3-2 before being called out on a very questionable pitch? He was patient.

I'll take a guy like Eckstien over Lopez anyday.

I'll take a guy like Eckstien over Lopez anyday.
    I'll say it again, I am gald you aren't our GM. Lopez has twice the talent of Eckstein. All Eckstein does is get on base, he is slow, has no range, and has no throwing arm. He is like Scott Hatteberg, except he plays SS.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

With RISP Felipe is hitting .314 with a .470 OBP and 16 RBIs.

Not clutch? I think he is.
    Last edited by reds44; 06-11-2006 at 07:05 PM.

I bet those are soft RBI's
    Go Gators!

With RISP Felipe is hitting .314 with a .470 OBP.

Not clutch? I think he is.
    Uh oh...don't bring up clutch stats. Dunn will be hanging from the rafters in his boxers by the end of this thread.

blugrssblood

I'll say it again, I am gald you aren't our GM. Lopez has twice the talent of Eckstein. All Eckstein does is get on base, he is slow, has no range, and has no throwing arm. He is like Scott Hatteberg, except he plays SS.

You are glad that some guy on a message board isn't GM? Is that your attempt at some half hearted personal slam? Oh my God, I am so crushed, I actually wanted to be a Reds GM one day, I don't know what I'll do now, I guess I'll just have to make a cool avatar and post a gazillion times like you. Then maybe somebody from the Reds will notice me, and make me the GM. You can twist it anyway you want, Eckstien is solid, makes all the plays, especially in the clutch. What good is getting to a ball if you don't make the play?

I'll hang the series loss on the BP first. Then on Narron. Then on the lineup. Then on the BP again. Then on Wayne for not getting any BP help. And lastly, on the BP.

blugrssblood

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    I'll hang the series loss on the BP first. Then on Narron. Then on the lineup. Then on the BP again. Then on Wayne for not getting any BP help. And lastly, on the BP.

OK well, I will just hang game two on Lopez, but it was such a pivitol loss. He is flying thru the air like superman hurrying a throw that didn't need to be hurried, I really wonder if he is trying to show everybody that he can be as flashy as Brandon and all we need is for him to be Felipe. When your a shorstop, on the Reds, the fans have high expectations because afterall, we are home to one of the greatest 5 shortstops of all time, Barry Larkin.

You are glad that some guy on a message board isn't GM? Is that your attempt at some half hearted personal slam? Oh my God, I am so crushed, I actually wanted to be a Reds GM one day, I don't know what I'll do now, I guess I'll just have to make a cool avatar and post a gazillion times like you. Then maybe somebody from the Reds will notice me, and make me the GM. You can twist it anyway you want, Eckstien is solid, makes all the plays, especially in the clutch. What good is getting to a ball if you don't make the play?
    Way to not dispute anything in my post, and not prosent any facts.

I'll say this again
    With RISP Felipe is hitting .314 with a .470 OBP and 16 RBIs.

That isn't clutch???

Turn Off Ads?