Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braves interested in Jason LaRue?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Braves interested in Jason LaRue?

Dayton Daily News

There is interest in LaRue, possibly from the Atlanta Braves, who have been sniffing around. While they saw Ross, they also saw LaRue hit a pinch-hit home run.

LaRue's salary is a hindrance toward any deal, and one National League scout said, "The Reds probably would have to pay half of that $5.5 million he makes next year."

Said LaRue, "The team is playing well, and I'm not one to say anything one way or another. I have a record. I know what I can do; they know what I can do. The rest is out of my hands."

I get good mileage if he needs a lift.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braves interested in Jason LaRue?

You could tell how unhappy Jason was last night after hitting the HR. He barely tapped hands with the on deck batters and then quickly went through the motions of high fiving everyone in the dugout and then went directly to the clubhouse. All this with no smile on his face at all.

A change of scenery could help him, but can the Reds really rely mostly on Ross continuing his hot bat.
    Matta = Really good

Brian McCann please.....: I really can't see Atlanta wanting him, but if they say so.

Ross appears to be the everyday catcher from here on out, so it's time to trade LaRue. I don't know what he would fetch, but I would like to have Kyle Davies as part of any deal.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'm not sure where the fit is for an Atlanta trade. Our most critical need is bullpen and theirs is shaky, too, and they have more young catchers besides McCann. I don't see the Braves giving up much.
    Not all who wander are lost

In other news from Hal McCoy, Steve Garvey is a HoF'er, Jack McKeon was a GM candidate before the Reds decided to hire Jim Beattie, the Reds will finish in last place this year, Tony Womack is a speedy OBP guy who can play outfield or infield and lead off, the Reds won't go with three catchers, Griffey is our best CF, and Dave from Centerville is a hoot.

Hal needs to string together some successes before I'll believe his "rumors" are anything more than made up.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Now is the time that most teams will be asking about him, we won't get much for him.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    In other news from Hal McCoy, Steve Garvey is a HoF'er, Jack McKeon was a GM candidate before the Reds decided to hire Jim Beattie, the Reds will finish in last place this year, Tony Womack is a speedy OBP guy who can play outfield or infield and lead off, the Reds won't go with three catchers, Griffey is our best CF, and Dave from Centerville is a hoot.

Hal needs to string together some successes before I'll believe his "rumors" are anything more than made up.
    Don't forget that it would be a good idea to trade Adam Dunn for Rich Hill.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Adam Dunn? You mean the guy who played with a broken hand last year?

Nah. We won't trade him for Rich Hill. We'll trade him for Delino Deshields. And you can take that to the bank.

Last edited by Redsland; 06-13-2006 at 03:59 PM.

i thought it was Austin Kearns for Rich Hill.

Or was that Bobby Hill?

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    While they saw Ross, they also saw LaRue hit a pinch-hit home run.
    Now I must ask, for sake of argument, does this mean they are looking at Ross and also saw LaRue? That's how I read it.

If so, do you sell while the stock is high? I say heck yes you do, and not just because I'm a LaRue apologist either. If you can take a rock, shine it up and make it look like a gem of some sort and then deal it for something of need, why not? I'd do it ten times a day, if there is something of use coming back [or even Reitsma].

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Now I must ask, for sake of argument, does this mean they are looking at Ross and also saw LaRue? That's how I read it.
    I read it as "we came to see LaRue, but he didn't start. We got to see him pinch hit, though."

I agree with your premise of selling high on Ross.

I read it as "we came to see LaRue, but he didn't start. We got to see him pinch hit, though."

I agree with your premise of selling high on Ross.
    I can see reading it that way as well, makes sense.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    i thought it was Austin Kearns for Rich Hill.

Or was that Bobby Hill?

But if you make that trade, will Bronson Arroyo get mad and demand a trade, as all players with multi-year contracts can do?

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

, and Dave from Centerville is a hoot.
    I'm tempted to neg you for that one.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Turn Off Ads?