Turn Off Ads?

Thread: At the GABP 6/15

WHOOOOOO!

At the GABP 6/15

Hey guys went to the game today. I was at the game that started the losing streak and I was determined to end it. I have some notes:
    1. The park was packed for a Businessman's Special. There were 27,000 in attendance, but it seemed like more. Lots of groups in the left field bleachers, but mostly kids who had to leave before the fireworks .
    2. I went to the Team Shop to get an Arroyo t-shirt and they don't have them. You would think that this would be something that they should get on stat. I had to try to find a vendor outside. Finding an XXL is like finding a Kent Mercker fan in Cincinnati right now . I left shirtless.
    3. I have said it before and I will say again: Elizardo reminds me of a poor man's Jose Rijo.
    4. Greatest addition to the ballpark this year (other than Arroyo and Phillips ) has got to be LaRosa's Pizza. It was the perfect lunch.
    5. Freel's catch was great. It garnered two standing ovations from the crowd.
    6. The crowd was in good spirits, but did not appreciate some bad AB's from Lopez and Javy. We wanted this one bad.
    7. I like Dunn. I like his majestic high HR that made my day. I need him to get the average up. Singles and doubles should be more than a trip to Wendy's for him.
    8. Great team and fan celebration followed. I never can get anyone to to the "jump around" with me though.
    9. Great day at the ballpark and I am putting my money where my mouth is. I like this team. I think consistency is our greatest flaw (bullpen etc..), but it can be learned.
    Let's enjoy the day off and continue the new streak Friday.
    Last edited by flynn78; 06-15-2006 at 01:53 PM.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: At the GABP 6/15

Great report, Flynn.

Just one thing. Can't start a new streak Friday. It already started on Wednesday!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by flynn78
    8. Great team and fan celebration followed. I never can get anyone to to the "jump around" with me though.
    Then you need to come up to Camp Randall this fall and attend a UW football game. The entire student section jumps around to jump around between the 3rd and 4th quarters. They tried to stop it when I was in school because they were worried about the structural integrity of the stadium. The response was a paper from structural engineering students reaffirming the integrity of the stadium and enormous outcries in the student papers. UW students and alumni will continue to jump around.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    Then you need to come up to Camp Randall this fall and attend a UW football game. The entire student section jumps around to jump around between the 3rd and 4th quarters. They tried to stop it when I was in school because they were worried about the structural integrity of the stadium. The response was a paper from structural engineering students reaffirming the integrity of the stadium and enormous outcries in the student papers. UW students and alumni will continue to jump around.

never, never, never estimate the power of a college education.

especially when it involves football.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Singles and doubles should be more than a trip to Wendy's for him.
    Oh, that's a good one. I loved the picture of Griffey riding on big Adam's back. They didn't call him "The Kid" for nothing!

WHOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    I am an Ohio State grad so I am familiar with "jump around" and getting owned by those Badgers as of late. I love the traditions at Wisky. They are very fun. I am hoping that my next trip to Madison is much more fun than the first (ended our winning streak carrying over from national title).
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

Turn Off Ads?