Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Henry in trouble (yet again)

Re: Chris Henry in trouble (yet again)

Is there a maximum numbers of arrests the Bengals will tolerate before cutting a player loose?

I guess all we know is that is at least four.

2. Turn Off Ads?

At this rate henry will at lead the league in something. :thumbdown

Rem

Bail bonds volume discount?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Bail bonds volume discount?
    Did somebody say bail bonds?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hmmm... Fantasy Bail-bond question: Could "The Dog" catch a determined-to-remain-free Chris Henry? The man has got some good juke moves.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Is there a maximum numbers of arrests the Bengals will tolerate before cutting a player loose?

It looks like the hammer is about to fall. The rest of the team had better sit up and take notice.

http://www.thebrushback.com/bengals_full.htm

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    It looks like the hammer is about to fall. The rest of the team had better sit up and take notice.

http://www.thebrushback.com/bengals_full.htm

Unfortunately the players' union would probably challenge his release at this point, as long as his legal matters (2 of the 3) are pending, and the fact he's recovering from an injury. So they pretty much have to wait until the right time to do so, without causing more distractions and problems. At least that is what I am led to believe. They missed their chance apparently, during the end of the season after his 1st offense, before he got hurt. The league will suspend him any ways.

A satirical article like that may be funny, but it's hardly based on anything remotely accurate, the Bengals' hands' are tied. The problem, is the type of people Marvin is bringing in, not the tolerance level of the team once they're given a chance, I think.

Seems like the Bengals are replacing the Ravens (see Jamaal Lewis) on the police blotter this offseason.

Seriously though, I laughed at Andy Furman two weeks ago when he said character shouldn't really matter when fielding a team. What the Bengals have is a cancer in Henry. The Bengals would be better with the addition by subtraction theory.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

This criminal investigation isn't over either, so this particular case will definitely get more 'interesting'.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Well Bengal fans - it seems you're never alone.

Our illustrious RB Reuben Droughns was arrested and released ($2500 bail) on assault charges involving his wife.

It seems they got in a fight and she wanted out.

Obviously, he must have misunderstood what she meant by out, because he allegedly threw her through (out) the front door!

His lawyer says it's all a misunderstanding, and that being an NFL RB, he simply "fumbled" her through the front door, since wives are much harder to maintain possession of then a pigskin.

She has since been trying to get the charges dropped.

"The arrest report said the couple were arguing when he "grabbed [her] and threw her to the ground. She got up and Reuben grabbed her by the waist, carried her to the bed and threw her on the bed."

That was when she told Droughns she wanted a divorce, the report said.

"Droughns then carried her on his shoulders to the house's front door, where she flung her arms out in an attempt to avoid being thrown out, the document said. Droughns threw her outside, closed and locked the door, the report said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2459285
    Last edited by GAC; 06-15-2006 at 07:06 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Well Bengal fans - it seems you're never alone.

Our illustrious RB Reuben Droughns was arrested and released ($2500 bail) on assault charges involving his wife.

It seems they got in a fight and she wanted out.

Obviously, he must have misunderstood what she meant by out, because he allegedly threw her through (out) the front door!

His lawyer says it's all a misunderstanding, and that being an NFL RB, he simply "fumbled" her through the front door, since wives are much harder to maintain possession of then a pigskin.

She has since been trying to get the charges dropped.

"The arrest report said the couple were arguing when he "grabbed [her] and threw her to the ground. She got up and Reuben grabbed her by the waist, carried her to the bed and threw her on the bed."

That was when she told Droughns she wanted a divorce, the report said.

"Droughns then carried her on his shoulders to the house's front door, where she flung her arms out in an attempt to avoid being thrown out, the document said. Droughns threw her outside, closed and locked the door, the report said."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2459285

That's a classic.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85

NFL teams are not allowed to release a player for any reason other than performance. My guess is they are waiting until some more practices are held, and then they will release him with no comment like the Cowboys did with Quincey Carter a few years ago when they suspected he was using cocaine. Henry will file and grievance and lose.

Should this be a sticky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Aceking
    NFL teams are not allowed to release a player for any reason other than performance.
    I wish I had that kind of job security.

I liked Chris Henry, but I think it is time to send him packing. Oh yeah, I'm not a Bengal fan.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    I liked Chris Henry, but I think it is time to send him packing.
    Wasn't he already charged for packing?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?