Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just a few trade notes..

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Just a few trade notes..

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Carl Crawford
    Devil Rays Rockies?
    Angels? West winds blowing
    Jun 14 - The Angels have included Carl Crawford in a group of offensive players they have targeted to potentially trade for, according to a report in The Orange County Register.
    "Would we like an impact bat? You bet," Angels general manager Bill Stoneman told the paper. "But impact players aren't readily available."

The Angels told teams they would be willing to trade 23-year-old right-hander Ervin Santana to acquire an impact hitter.

Crawford, 24, is in the second year of a four-year, $15.25 million contract that includes club options that could extend the contract through the 2010 season.

To acquire Crawford, the Angels would likely have to include at least one other prospect along with Santana. They are deep in middle-infield prospects, including Triple-A shortstop Erick Aybar and Double-A shortstop Brandon Wood.

The Rockies are also believed to interested in acquiring Crawford, but indications are they would be unwilling to part with several of the top-flight young pitchers in their system.

Torii Hunter
    Twins Red Sox? Torii says yes to Fenway
    Jun 14 - Torii Hunter has removed the Red Sox as one of the teams in the no-trade clause portion of his current contract, according to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
    Hunter, in the final year of his contract with the Twins, said that he would waive the clause if Boston were to pursue a trade for him this season.

"I'm not a big fan of the angles of the outfield fence [at Fenway Park]," Hunter told the paper. "My thing is defense, and if I can't play defense, then I've got nothing. But the ballpark itself is OK. Boston's aura and David Ortiz, trust me, those are the positives."

Last year, Hunter added the Cubs to the list of five teams in his no-trade clause because of the brick outfield wall at Wrigley Field. But he said he would waive the clause for the Cubs, too.

Hunter said he would not approve a trade to the other teams: Detroit, Tampa Bay and Toronto.

Tuesday, June 13

Alfonso Soriano
    Nationals Yankees?
    Angels?
    Dodgers? Sori returning to Bronx?
    Jun 13 - According to a report in the New York Post, the Nationals are willing to trade Alfonso Soriano to the Yankees but only if right-handed pitching prospect Philip Hughes, 19, is included in the deal.
    Hughes, presently pitching in Double-A, is considered to be the Yankees' top pitching prospect.

"Obviously I know what our shortcomings are," Yankees GM Brian Cashman told the paper. "But I also know we are better than this. I will try to address whatever shortcomings we have."

Soriano is in the final year of his current contract, and if acquired by the Yankees would fill one of the spots in their outfield created by the injuries to Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui.

Cleveland Let's make a deal!
    Jun 13 - Indians GM Mark Shapiro is searching for a partner in which to make a deal to improve his ballclub, but at this point no trade is imminent.
    "I've had a whole lot of conversations with a whole lot of general managers," Shapiro told the Akron Beacon Journal. "Trading a big-league guy for a big-league guy is extremely difficult to do. But I think what goes on now can sow the seeds for something later."

The Indians could look for reinforcements in a few different spots, including the starting rotation and middle relief. Shortstop Jhonny Peralta has also been mired in a season-long slump.
    Interesting names being floated about there, some must be getting desperate!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just a few trade notes..

I wonder what it would take to pry RHP Rafael Soriano from the Mariners in order to shore up the Reds bullpen?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Kearns for Santana?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Kearns for Santana?

Thats what I was thinking.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Kearns for Santana?
    That would be a tough one. But wouldn't you address the bullpen first before the starting rotation?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

A frequent caller called into WLW tonight and claimed to have been sitting in the Scout seats. She said that the Braves and Dodgers were in taking a look. She claimed to have talked to the Dodgers scout, and he said he was going to be in town through the weekend. Interesting that the Reds don't play the Dodgers for a while, and that they do have a the good young prospects.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I'd be worried they want to give up on a 23 year old.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    That would be a tough one. But wouldn't you address the bullpen first before the starting rotation?

You address the pen by addressing the starting 5..... I think BC would be good out of the Pen......
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    You address the pen by addressing the starting 5..... I think BC would be good out of the Pen......

i agree with you about BC out of the bullpen.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    I think BC would be good out of the Pen......
    Might be OK (or at least better) out of the pen but he doesn't solve your bullpen problems.

Not by a long shot.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

We need to trade Deno or trade Kearns to make room for him. No use in him sitting in AAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I think that we will see some moves come July, I just dont think you will see the high impact names coming our way though. This is fine with me as we need to keep our key young guys together. I think first and foremost our bullpen needs to be addressed, and I think we can acquire a guy or two with what we have in our farm system.

Some ideas- Jason Larue and Ryan Wagner to the Rockies for Ray King

Rey Olmedo and Joey Votto to the Twins for Juan Rincon

How about this one with Atlanta:

Reds trade-Jason Larue

Braves trade-Chris Reitsma and Jorge Sosa

the Reds take on a little more salary, but get a couple of arms that are having down years, and with our bullpen woes, they may have a chance to redeem themselves in a new venue. While the Braves get a starting catcher in Larue to backup Mccann and eventually displace Pratt, and save some cash.

I like Santana

I think I'd trade Kearns for him.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes
    How about this one with Atlanta:

Reds trade-Jason Larue

Braves trade-Chris Reitsma and Jorge Sosa

the Reds take on a little more salary, but get a couple of arms that are having down years, and with our bullpen woes, they may have a chance to redeem themselves in a new venue. While the Braves get a starting catcher in Larue to backup Mccann and eventually displace Pratt, and save some cash.
    Reistma is on the DL with numbness in his fingers.

Sosa has only had 1 good year and that was last year.
    This year he is 1-8 with a 5.58 ERA and only averages about 5 innings a start.

Turn Off Ads?