Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about 10 of us adopt a prospect?

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: How about 10 of us adopt a prospect?

If we need to come up with an idea of the top prospects, here is my 2 cents on pitchers....am I missing anyone?

1. Bailey
    2. Wood
    3. Cueto
    4. Ward

Here's where it gets fuzzy, so I'll list a few in no particular order:

-Fisher
    -LeCure
    -Valliquette
    -Avery
    -Young
    -Guevara
    -Shafer
    -Medlock
    -Vazquez
    -Hendley
    -Dumatrait
    -Pelland
    -Alvarado
    -2006 draftee-Watson, Webb, Smith, Burchett, Gunter, and Ravin (if he signs)

-Gardner ???
    -Pauly ???
    -Gruler ???
    -Wagner???

I also think it would be kinda neat to put our heads together and come up with a consensus ranking for pitchers and positional prospects.....

And then we could keep updating it every couple weeks or so.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I like the idea of a draft where you are given one day to make a selection. I would say most of us stop by atleast once a day. plus if we come up with a random draft order you will know in advance when your day is; then just stop by and drop a post saying who you want. But like i said before im up for what ever the majority wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k
    I like the idea of a draft where you are given one day to make a selection. I would say most of us stop by atleast once a day. plus if we come up with a random draft order you will know in advance when your day is; then just stop by and drop a post saying who you want. But like i said before im up for what ever the majority wants to do.
    I wasn't exactly thinking of a system like this

May 4- reds44
    May 5- OBM
    May 6- Shknb8k
    May 7- BuckeyeRedleg

To me that would take too long, and the process would be too drawn out. I was thinking more liek a 24 hour perid. For example if someone makes the pick at 1 p.m, the next person has till 1 pm the next day to make a pick. This way it could finish faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I wasn't exactly thinking of a system like this

May 4- reds44
    May 5- OBM
    May 6- Shknb8k
    May 7- BuckeyeRedleg

To me that would take too long, and the process would be too drawn out. I was thinking more liek a 24 hour perid. For example if someone makes the pick at 1 p.m, the next person has till 1 pm the next day to make a pick. This way it could finish faster.
    Ok I see. I like that. I just dont want to have like a one hour spot to make a pick.

I'll take Brandon Roberts.

I'm not sure a draft is the best idea. Seems like there are more than 10 folks interested, and it could take the rest of the summer to just get everything set up.

Nooooooo Not the 10!

I would love to adopt a prospect, I've always wanted someone to take to the park and play catch, and dress each morning, I don't even mind changing diapers.
    No really I would be involved, just need some direction in good places to find info, etc. I just dont want to get traded for another Eteban Yan type player and have to join the opposing teams board!

oh, and I will take anyone, I like the underdogs anyway

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Lets all just wait back for Red Leader to chime in. We probably need to figure out how many people want a prospect, so we know how many prospects we need to come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Lets all just wait back for Red Leader to chime in. We probably need to figure out how many people want a prospect, so we know how many prospects we need to come up with.
    Thats fine with me but redleader is making my future adoption starve by his non response to my email or this thread. Allkidding aside I hope he is ok and that he jumps on this project.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat
    Thats fine with me but redleader is making my future adoption starve by his non response to my email or this thread. Allkidding aside I hope he is ok and that he jumps on this project.
    Actually, he's on a cross-country trip, IIRC.... had to confirm it with some other posters over at peanut gallery. He should be back either the end of the week or the beginning of next week.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Actually, he's on a cross-country trip, IIRC.... had to confirm it with some other posters over at peanut gallery. He should be back either the end of the week or the beginning of next week.
    Thank you Kitty. Btw your the greatest
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I'm baaaaaack.

Sorry, I'm late on getting back to you guys on this. I think its a great idea. Let me catch up on some work here first and then we'll figure out some details this afternoon, if that's ok with everyone.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Ok, here's what I've got:

1. Topcat
    2. Heath
    3. Shaknb8k
    4. halcyon
    5. lollipopcurve
    6. BuckeyeRedleg
    7. rdiersin
    8. HBP
    9. dougdirt
    10. GoReds
    11. LincolnparkRed
    12. camisadelgolf
    13. Gallen5862
    14. cincy09
    15. Scrap Irony
    16. reds44
    17. Z-fly
    18. dabvu2498
    19. Kitty Duran
    20. tripleaaaron
    21. Red Leader
    22. Buckeye33

That's 21 by my count. Am I missing anyone? traderumor, did you want in?

The way I'd figured we'd do it is sort of like a draft. Start at the top of the list with Topcat. He picks one (1) prospect he wants, and then it goes to Heath. We go through all "owners" until we get to my pick at #21 (or someone else's if they sign up--more on that in a minute). When the "1st round is complete, we'll go back through the list from the top, same order. If anyone passes (by typing "pass" in a post when it is their turn) they forfeit that pick and future round picks. That way the guys that want multiple prospects will get them, those that don't, won't. Sound fair to everyone? I don't think there should be a time limit on time to pick your prospect, but it should be within 24 hours of when your turn comes up.

I think we should leave the remainder of today open for others to sign up if they want.

Does all of that sound ok with everyone? Anyone have any questions?
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-19-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?