Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about 10 of us adopt a prospect?

Re: How about 10 of us adopt a prospect?

If you want anymore I'd like to be in as well.

We could have a draft to see who gets who.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm taking that this is different from the "about 10 of you" crew?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Im in. If you need some more. I am new and would love to get more involved with the board.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    If you want anymore I'd like to be in as well.

We could have a draft to see who gets who.

Nah, we don't need a live draft.

Just take the top 25 - list them out. Then have PM the person who has the sticky and communicate that way.

Not too hard.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I'm taking that this is different from the "about 10 of you" crew?
    Talk to Krono
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'll take one if there's an opening.

www.billingsmustangs.com is my favorite site.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'm in... and take any Dragons player and/or Varner, Kelly or Votto in Chattanooga...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    I'm in... and take any Dragons player and/or Varner, Kelly or Votto in Chattanooga...
    Kitty ... I remember us having some discussions on Varner when he was with Dayton. I think we agreed he was a crowd favorite. What I can't remember was if we agreed in our projection. IIRC ... I thought he was a possible 4th OF type ... good enough to make a roster, but not enough to become a starter. Though it was some time ago, I think you felt he had a bit more potential than that.

On to the question. Have you had a chance to see him in action lately, and if so, what do you think of him now?

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    Kitty ... I remember us having some discussions on Varner when he was with Dayton. I think we agreed he was a crowd favorite. What I can't remember was if we agreed in our projection. IIRC ... I thought he was a possible 4th OF type ... good enough to make a roster, but not enough to become a starter. Though it was some time ago, I think you felt he had a bit more potential than that.
    You and the cow-man (guernsey)... IIRC he still holds 4 offensive records with the Dragons (avg, hits, triples, and SBs) Potential? I think he still has it... What has happened since that time is that he's been jerked from one organization to another-he was the PTBNL for all the trades, IIRC. So obviously someone liked him. He was playing for the AAA Tuscon Sidewinders (D'Backs) 2 years ago hitting over .300 but was sent back down to El Paso (AA at the time) for a variety of reasons.

On to the question. Have you had a chance to see him in action lately, and if so, what do you think of him now?

GL
    I saw him last year playing for the Smokies (AA D'Backs)-one game. I was staying in Pidgeon Forge and it was the Labor Day weekend. Definately disappointed that he was there - but he looked fine and had 1 hit in the game, IIRC. I tried to find out about him in ST this year and feared that he retired. Was very happy that the Reds took him back (and that the D'Backs released him). A lot of water is under the bridge and there are others, both on the Lookouts and the Bats, that are ahead of him because he is really starting over with the Reds-but not in the Southern League where he has played for other teams. He reminds me of a Brady Clark/Chris Denorfia/Ryan Freel type of player. Dare I say "scrappy" ballplayer? He does K a lot - but his real ability, IMHO, is RISP - that was what I thought would get him a cup of coffee when he was in AAA.

Right now, Wise is really hitting the ball since he came off the DL - I would think the Reds might bring him up to AAA instead of Noochie if a position gets available.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Wow I am so glad that so many want to dop this. I will take whomever is assigned to me and am glad so many want to do it
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat
    Wow I am so glad that so many want to dop this. I will take whomever is assigned to me and am glad so many want to do it
    Alright so somebody has to take the bull by the horns.

How are we going to assign who gets whom? A draft or what? Who wants to be in charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I would like Trevor Lawhorn and his brother Daryl Lawhorn since they are from my hometown. I would also like to have another prospect. What way will prospects be assigned? I suggest if posters have home town Reds prospects they take them and then get another prospect if willing. Their should be enough players in the system to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Alright so somebody has to take the bull by the horns.

How are we going to assign who gets whom? A draft or what? Who wants to be in charge?

I nominate DougDirt . ps- Doug I want Justin Reed
    Last edited by Topcat; 06-15-2006 at 07:33 PM.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today....php?id=453972
    Trevor Lawhorn

Batting Statistics

Sarasota Reds FSL Hi A 2B .246 34 114 16 28 3 1 3 11 4 26 3 4 .271 .368 .640 0 0 0 2 0
    TOTALS .246 34 114 16 28 3 1 3 11 4 26 3 4 .271 .368 .640 0 0 0 2 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    I would like Trevor Lawhorn and his brother Daryl Lawhorn since they are from my hometown. I would also like to have another prospect. What way will prospects be assigned? I suggest if posters have home town Reds prospects they take them and then get another prospect if willing. Their should be enough players in the system to adopt.
    Well, that will be Steve Kelly for me...

Turn Off Ads?