Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How about 10 of us adopt a prospect?

Re: How about 10 of us adopt a prospect?

That sounds good Kitty. You take Steve Kelly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would have liked to have used Jeff Stevens as my study, but alas he is gone now, so Carlos Fischer or Richie Gardner, or both if nobody wants them, would be great.

If we are chosing then give me Shafer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

We need to orgainze this before we start selecting players....i think this could be really awsome. if we make our post on our certain players with the same title...example: Prospect Report: Drew Stubbs.....then it would be very easy to search the treads and see when a new "report" comes up.

As for coming up with who gets who....any way we could get chat started up at a certain time and date? or would it be too hard to get everyone in there?

Im just throwing out ideas cause i love the the idea of this and i dont want it to be bush league. I really like the idea of a universal thread title such as "Prospect Report: Enter Name" or just anything rather than a random title so people dont get confused and think its just another thread about that player

I would be willing to put together a draft. I would make a random order, make a thread, and you just go in order. Each person would have a day to pick before being passed.

If anyone thinks it is a good idea let me know.
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I second reds44 idea. I like the idea of the entire day to select someone. I dont see anything wrong with a draft. I mean im sure everyone has a player in mind but its not like someone is going to get upeset if someone else chooses that person; you would just choose someone else.

I suggest hometown picks and then a regular prospect.

Ill go with what ever the majority wants....but the only minor league player in any organization from my hometown South Charleston, WV is a guy in the cardinals organization that was busted for roids last year lol. So im out of luck with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    I suggest hometown picks and then a regular prospect.
    What is a hometown pick?

This is what I mean by hometown pick. Trevor Lawhorn and his brother Daryl Lawhorn are from my Hometown of Wilmington,NC. Trevor is in A ball and I guess Daryl is in extended spring training. Our home town paper usually does a section for home town and local prospects. They are not high level prospects. Thats why said would like them plus get a chance for another type prospect.

Many of us either don't have a hometown prospect or don't know they have a hometown prospects.

Guys! Guys!...Ugh! Mine won't stop crying!

I said mine won't stop crying! What do I do guys? UGH! Oh god....oh god...he threw up...all over my shirt...ugh.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I bumped up a few threads on specific prospects just to give everyone an idea maybe of how we can title each thread.

I'm willing to take as many as needed.

Actually, if no one cares, I can take the five I have just bumped (Votto, Guevara, Vasquez, Medlock, and Shafer)

Tell me what you think.

Thanks.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 06-15-2006 at 10:08 PM.

So does anyone oppose the idea of a draft?

I PM'd Red Leader about this thread - I would wait for him to comment on the above. He is the "minor league" coordinator and I think he should have the final say - everyone has issued there opinions and such.

And, I am totally opposed on a draft. I'd like to "sign & follow" a prospect - but I have a day job (that even takes weekends) and I don't have time to check each hour or spend a day hoping I get Jeremiah Piepkorn and I get stuck with Phillippe Valiquette (though my post counts may say otherwise )

Just sticky up the top 25 - and PM the person in charge on which player you want. Whoever is in charge is going to make good decisions anyway. And if you get upset over a "techinical thing", maybe you need to shut off the computer and head outside and enjoy natural light for a change
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?