Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: ChiSox rookie ripped for not hitting Blaylock

Report: ChiSox rookie ripped for not hitting Blaylock

You can't say Ozzie doesn't take the game seriously...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2485365

Report: Rookie to be demoted for missing Blalock
    ESPN.com news services

White Sox rookie pitcher Sean Tracey got into hot water with his manager Ozzie Guillen -- for getting an out.

Tracey was summoned to start the seventh inning and got Hank Blalock to ground out, but getting an out might not have been the reason Tracey was brought into the game. White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski was hit by two pitches in the game and a source told the Chicago Sun-Times that Tracey was told to hit Blalock as retaliation. Tracey threw two inside pitches to Blalock before getting him to ground out.

After getting the out, Tracey was removed from the game. Guillen slammed a water bottle to the ground when Blalock grounded out and the manager then brought Agustin Montero in to pitch. Guillen was then seen in the dugout barking at Tracey, who pulled the collar of his jersey over his head.

Guillen didn't address why he screamed at Tracey and had a different explanation why he took the rookie out of the game.

"I tried to get Montero ready [to face Blalock] and wasn't able to. It was a little late," Guillen explained. "It was my mistake. I didn't get him up quick enough. I didn't want Tracey in that situation."

Tracey refused comment.

A source told the Sun-Times that Tracey was informed he was being demoted to Triple-A after the game. "Ozzie went nuts,'' one source told the newspaper.

Pierzynski was hit by pitches his first two at-bats, prompting home plate umpire Phil Cuzzi to issue warnings to both benches in the fourth.

"I don't know what the deal was. He had pretty good control and then he runs two first pitches in on me," Pierzynski said. `Why did he do it? You're going to have to ask him. I faced him maybe two times in the National League."

Vicente Padilla didn't comment after the game.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Pay attention to the open sky

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Report: ChiSox rookie ripped for not hitting Blaylock

Sounds like a trade opportunity.

I like the agressiveness, I really do, but sometimes [understatement?] Guillen goes overboard with these things. That said I'd rather see Narron go overboard in a smiliar situation than to let it slide.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Didnt Padilla target Adam Dunn when we destroyed the Phillies? The game where Dunn was tacked from behind and Olmedo did a Matrix jump?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Didnt Padilla target Adam Dunn when we destroyed the Phillies? The game where Dunn was tacked from behind and Olmedo did a Matrix jump?

That was an awesome brawl. Casey had someone in a headlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Guillen is a Latin version of Billy Martin. Now, having been dubbed the smartest manager in the game, the reviver of smallball himself, he appears to be more full of himself than one would think humanly possible. You go, Ozzie.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Christ, Ozzie, chill out dude. That act will get tired REAL fast if/when the Sox eventually start losing again down the road. The dude is kinna funny,but he aint THAT funny.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Ooops. That was SIlva, not Padilla

So he brings in a rookie to hit someone intentionally and then publicly humiliates him and demotes him to AAA. Class personified.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44

That was an awesome brawl. Casey had someone in a headlock.
    He was actually trying to hug that guy but he missed.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Ozzie fits right in with the White Sox organization. Classy indeed.

He thinks, because his pitching carried him to a championship, that he's the greatest manager ever. Give him a couple years and he'll be unemployed.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Guillen is a Latin version of Billy Martin. Now, having been dubbed the smartest manager in the game, the reviver of smallball himself, he appears to be more full of himself than one would think humanly possible. You go, Ozzie.
    Amen

I think he is alot closer to an idiot. I know he has pulled some antics last year that did not endear him to the teams/fans in the AL Central.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-15-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I know he has pulled some antics last year that did not endear him to the teams/fans in the AL Central.
    The choke sign to the Indians fans during the culminating series was ridiculous for two reasons.

1. It was unbelievably classless.
    2. It came after a six-week period when the invincible White Sox and their genius manager had nearly blown a fifteen game division lead.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

One Man Army

He also did the choke thing in Game 7 of the 2003 NLCS while he was third base coach for the Marlins.

Tracey is a decent pitching prospect (namely as a reliever), but something tells me he's now trade bait.

Turn Off Ads?