Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: ChiSox rookie ripped for not hitting Blaylock

Re: Report: ChiSox rookie ripped for not hitting Blaylock

He should've squeezed harder.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    The choke sign to the Indians fans during the culminating series was ridiculous for two reasons.

1. It was unbelievably classless.
    2. It came after a six-week period when the invincible White Sox and their genius manager had nearly blown a fifteen game division lead.
    That choke sign was directed towards a fan with whom he was having an exchange, it was a joke, and it's a perfect example of how things get blown out of proportion by fans and the media when they wish to use them for their benefit.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I know this is pretty much accepted practice in baseball, but it really reminded me of John Cheney "sending in the goons."
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    That choke sign was directed towards a fan with whom he was having an exchange, it was a joke, and it's a perfect example of how things get blown out of proportion by fans and the media when they wish to use them for their benefit.
    Even if that's true, it would be easy to understand how such a motion could easily be misconstrued and is not a perfect example of things getting blown out of proportion, but just another log on the fire that Guillen is a classless fool. He seems to be very good at acting ignorantly and then coming up with some CYA response (see above article) about it being a joke or misunderstanding.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Even if that's true, it would be easy to understand how such a motion could easily be misconstrued and is not a perfect example of things getting blown out of proportion, but just another log on the fire that Guillen is a classless fool. He seems to be very good at acting ignorantly and then coming up with some CYA response (see above article) about it being a joke or misunderstanding.
    That's fair, even though I think a lot of his responses are genuine (this one, certainly; most of the people who saw it in person did not misconstrue it the way people did when they saw that one picture). He could definitely stand to do a little more thinking before he speaks or acts. But I tend to like people like that if they get the job done. See also: Pierzynski, AJ.

They can have Merc if they want someone who puts guys on base needlessly instead of getting outs.
    Go Gators!

They acquired David Riske from the Red Sox today for a minor league lefty relief pitcher, Javier Lopez.

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    They acquired David Riske from the Red Sox today for a minor league lefty relief pitcher, Javier Lopez.
    Rumors have been swirling that the White Sox acquired Riske for the express purpose of throwing at some one against Texas, but word is Riske won't be with the White Sox until they play Cincy.

I don't mean to highjack this thread, but I have a related question. Last night I was alternately watching four games back and forth with the remote (family hates it when I do that). Yankees and Indians, Cubs and Astros, Cards and Pirates, and White Sox and Rangers were all on. I could have sworn I saw Randy Johnson hit Eduardo Perez and get thrown from the game. Scott Proctor was brought in and was warming up so I visited the other games. When I went back, Perez was still batting. Did he not get hit with the pitch? I must have missed something.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

The pitch just missed him.

RJ got tossed because both benches had been warned the previous inning when Jason Johnson plunked Jorge Posada.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    The pitch just missed him.
    Thanks, Danny. I really thought I saw the pitch hit him.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    RJ got tossed because both benches had been warned the previous inning when Jason Johnson plunked Jorge Posada.
    Johnson and Torre have both been suspended as well, Torre for one game and Johnson for five, due to start June 16.

Kind of absurd when we were just talking this morning about the "unspoken rules" of retaliation, then Johnson, a starting pitcher, gets tossed for five games when Perez wasn't even hit. You know what's not an unspoken rule? Nailing an opposing player in the face, like Michael Barrett did, and he got 10 games as a catcher. Unbelievable.

RJ got a huge ovation from the fans last night as he walked off the field.

well 5 games for a pitcher makes sure they miss a start in the rotation, i likethat, that should be the minimum suspension for a pitcher and also jason johnson did not mean to hit posada, posada over reacted like the 7 year old he is and randy had no business throwing at perez .... basically rj gets a 1 day suspension and they pitch mussina on three days rest one game (or wang or whoever and their rotation is back in order, you can't have unwritten rules. it is just dumb. obviously it isn't an unwritten rule or he wouldn't be suspended. what i want to know is why was he suspended and arroyo not for throwing at brady clark?
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Turn Off Ads?