Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Loaiza should be in Nascar

Loaiza should be in Nascar

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2485015

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Athletics pitcher Esteban Loaiza was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after police clocked his Ferrari going more than 120 mph on a freeway near San Lorenzo.

Loaiza was pulled over at 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday. He was arrested on suspicion of reckless driving and driving under the influence after failing a sobriety test, California Highway Patrol spokesman Mike Wright said Thursday. The 34-year-old pitcher spent the night in jail before being released.

"We're aware of the incident and it's an ongoing legal matter," Oakland assistant GM David Forst said after the team's 7-2 victory over Seattle on Wednesday night. "We will have no further comment. We will let the legal proceedings play out."

Loaiza, 1-3 with a 6.89 ERA, was scheduled to start Thursday against the Seattle Mariners. It will be his second start since coming off the disabled list.

Loaiza signed a three-year, $21 million contract with the A's in November after playing with the Washington Nationals in 2005.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Loaiza should be in Nascar

You're on the DL so you get drunk and drive 120 mph on the freeway? Man that must be the life.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

What is it with athletes with the world in their hands that convinces themselves they can just go and do anything?? Chris Henry has to be the poster boy for this.

Did anyone here if Rome read my e-mail?

It said,

Jim,

Tell Loaiza I will be looking for him on the 101.

Signed,
    corvette guy

Zach in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2485015

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Athletics pitcher Esteban Loaiza was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after police clocked his Ferrari going more than 120 mph on a freeway near San Lorenzo.
    If this was on 580 above the Oakland Flats then it would no problem hitting 120 in a matter of seconds and the chance of not even seeing anyone at 3:30 in the morning is pretty darn good.

But I can attest that 120 on a highway is way fast.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    But I can attest that 120 on a highway is way fast.
    It's especially fast if you're intoxicated.

B. Beane loves this kind of stuff.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    You're on the DL so you get drunk and drive 120 mph on the freeway? Man that must be the life.
    People wonder why I didn't care if I was a backup catcher or utility player....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?