Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We will sweep the White Sox

GOREDSGO32

We will sweep the White Sox

Watch. This team is ridiculous. Sweep the top two teams in the division ON THE ROAD .. while winning 8 in a row .. then go home to a freaking ridiculous 2-5 division series' at home versus the bottom half of the division, now will play the defending world champs, watch .. we will pull a sweep. Then the next time we play the Pirates we'll get swept. It's what this team does.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We will sweep the White Sox

I for one am WITH you GOREDS! We definatly need to step it up after this 2-5 stand, after winning 8 in a row and we almost get swept by the Brewers? Let's be real here, the Reds are a much better team than this and they need to show it soon!
    Let's make some noise!

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    I for one am WITH you GOREDS! We definatly need to step it up after this 2-5 stand, after winning 8 in a row and we almost get swept by the Brewers? Let's be real here, the Reds are a much better team than this and they need to show it soon!
    Are they a better team though? Seems to me a the start of the season everyone was predicting this team to be at or near the bottom of the division. Yes I agree with you on the point we need to step it up.. we better make a run now while St. Louis is without Pujols because Houston is going to over take us. With the Rocket returning to go along with Oswalt and Pettite. We are going to need to beat the weaker teams and it is pretty bad when at home we can't at least go 4-3. We should of won at least 2-3 more of those games if the errors didn't eat us up or the bullpen didn't let one slip away. I love the start of this team, they have shown more heart and I know they want to win, they just need to believe they can win. But to sweep a White Sox team; who just got Riske from the Boston to bolster there pen, are a strong hard nose team and still champs. If we take 2 of 3 that in it self is a win. Now I don't want to sound like I'm dogging the Reds or anything because I'm not. Just every season we start off good and then right around midway point we fall off the face of the Earth. The Reds need some upgrades fast to stay in there and I know its early, but this is the best time to get better while we are still about a week from Clemens return and about a month from knowing if Pujols will return. The more ground we can gain now the better it will be later in the season.

Sweep the sox get swept by the royals
    Go Gators!

It all makes sense to me
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    Are they a better team though?
    Yes, with Arroyo, and the rest of the upgrades that we made this off-season, I do believe that we are a better team. And I do agree with you that we do need more upgrades right about now to help us later down the line for us to make a run in post-season but i do think that we will make a legitimate run at the title this year if we start playing how we are capable of playing, without all these stupid errors and blown saves.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    Yes, with Arroyo, and the rest of the upgrades that we made this off-season, I do believe that we are a better team. And I do agree with you that we do need more upgrades right about now to help us later down the line for us to make a run in post-season but i do think that we will make a legitimate run at the title this year if we start playing how we are capable of playing, without all these stupid errors and blown saves.
    The problem is, I don't think the reds will stop with the stupid errors...Let's face it, they are a horrible defensive team, and I think we'll continue to see bad Felipe throws late in the game, Dunn duffs in LF, etc.....I don't think we'll see many blown saves, as Coffey will come in and close it down...It's the rest of the bullpen that's atrocious and will prevent many save opps to begin with.

We definitely need upgrades..Castro as a defensive replacement (even though he's not great) is an upgrade over some defensive guys we got....We just REALLY need bullpen help, and soon!

Sorry, No sweep for this series

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4MVP
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4MVP
    There sure will be.... just not for our Reds.

Facing this guy today (Contreras), who is 7-0 with a 2.62 ERA.

It's not gonna get any easier.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Gary Redus Ruled

thanks for jinxing us

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    thanks for jinxing us
    You obviously haven't been watching much of this team this year have you?

A GACster jinx is the least of their problems!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

At least this means we can sweep the Royals
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Sweeping is difficult when the bristles keep falling out of your broom.

Yeah, that sweep is progressing well, LOL!

Can you send me some of that ganja you been tokin' on, son!

This REDS team will eat your kishkes out if you take 'em too seriously! Remember, it's just a game, just a game....

Turn Off Ads?