Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the defining 10-game stretch?

"So Fla Red"

Re: Is this the defining 10-game stretch?

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    Anything more than 5-5 in this stretch would be gravy. What little chance the Reds have of making the playoffs could be killed over the next 10 days.
    OTOH, The Cards begin a similar stretch starting next week (at Chisox, at Detroit, Indians at home).

Let's all hope they get knocked around a lot vs. the better AL Central teams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by steig
    Opps, sorry about the math error. I understand your point about gaining confidence by beating the big time teams but the reds have had so many problems in the past with the little teams beating them and absolutely killing us in the standings. The Reds have to be able to focus on the little teams just as much as the big teams. We've had great runs against the cardinals and houston this season but the cubs have killed us the last two series. I think this team is good and could contend for the division title but right now I don't see them as a title contender, especially with the bullpen status.
    If memory serves me, this same group of players was kicked to the floor by both the ChiSox and the Indians in recent years. Wasn't it the 2004 team that got swept by Chicago and then never contended again?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Okay... so now we need to go 5-4 in order to finish 5-5. Let's just wipe that loss from our memory banks and talk about the games ahead, shall we? Wow, that was embarrassing.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

"So Fla Red"

5-3

Should have been 4-4... Defense + Bad Pen = Uh oh time.

At least Harang/Arroyo get 4 of the next 7 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred
    OTOH, The Cards begin a similar stretch starting next week (at Chisox, at Detroit, Indians at home).

Let's all hope they get knocked around a lot vs. the better AL Central teams
    The Cards are considering putting Reyes in the rotation for this stretch. He would start against the White Sox on Thursday.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 06-18-2006 at 07:48 AM.

Ummm... well, now we need to go 5-2 in order to finish at .500 for the trip. 3 out of 4 from the Mets and 2 out of 3 from the Tribe? Somehow I'm not confident that this could happen.

I can't believe how bad this bullpen is and how much they have been letting the starters down. Almost every starter, including Claussen, should have at least 2 more victories. In the Lizard's case, it should be like 4 more.

Ergh.

The June swoon is in full swing
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Last time I thought we were in a swoon we went out and won 8 in a row mostly on the road. I am praying we do something close to that on this upcoming trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

You guys should have more confidence in your team. They are better than you give them credit for.
    Last edited by MattyHo4Life; 06-18-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    You guys should have more confidence in your team. They are better than you give them credit for.
    I think we are just wary because the 2002 and 2004 editions flopped right about now.

Yay!

Definition=crappy
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    I think we are just wary because the 2002 and 2004 editions flopped right about now.
    It makes sense. When you get burned so often, you begin to expect it. The Reds have a good team though. Astros fans are the ones that should be worried about their team.

It makes sense. When you get burned so often, you begin to expect it. The Reds have a good team though. Astros fans are the ones that should be worried about their team.
    I hope you're right, I really do. Actually, the Cards have surprised me this year in that they are still posting quality wins without looking so imposing. Without Pujols, it seems that they are winning with smoke and mirrors. For some reason neither the line-up nor the rotation scare me anymore.

Hopefully a sign of things to come during the next couple of years, with some pitching help.

But I can't see this team going anywhere. They're something like 20-25 since the end of April.

I still believe the Reds have a good team too. But we desperately need to make a couple of trades for good pitchers.

The Astros aren't the team they were last year, but I don't know why the fans should be worried? I'd be excited if I was a 'Stros fan. They're getting Clemens back soon. I wish we had that to look forward too. I do think they'll have problems in the upcoming years, but this year they're in decent shape to contend for the wild card again.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Turn Off Ads?