Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High School Football

High School Football

Anyone on here still in High School and play football, or a part of a High School football program?
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: High School Football

yes

Well I guess that didn't get the reaction i was going to get, well here let me try again...
    Who all here goes to just about every football game of a High School team? And if you do, who do you watch?
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    Well I guess that didn't get the reaction i was going to get, well here let me try again...
    Who all here goes to just about every football game of a High School team? And if you do, who do you watch?

I think SCR wants to triumph his local Mechanicsburg High Indians who annually year in and year out are one of the top ranked teams in Small School Div 5 football in Ohio.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I play on my football team down in Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I think SCR wants to triumph his local Mechanicsburg High Indians who annually year in and year out are one of the top ranked teams in Small School Div 5 football in Ohio.

Nah...you give us too much credit.....we year in and year out are one of the top ranked teams in Division 6! lol. But honestly I wanted to see if anyone else is already pumped for this season like i am! lol. We just went through our 3 days of camp and I'm already waiting to see those West Jeff Roughriders on the field!!!!!!
    Let's make some noise!

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Played all my life til I graduated, I still go watch my high school play ever week. The eight time VHSL State Champion Powell Valley Vikings from Big Stone Gap, Virginia.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Watch out for you rivals this year, SCR (you should know who that is). They turned out to be pretty good last year after losing 75% of the winningest team in our schools history, and another year of experience for the young guys plus having our number one quarterback all season is going to make them tough to beat.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I'm a native West Virginian who goes back to see my high school when I can. The Williamstown Yellowjackets broke the Class A (small school) record last year with their 46th consecutive regular season victory. I believe it's the overall state record as well. The irony is that we only won 15 games the entire time I was in high school there, and it's a 7-12 school.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Watch out for you rivals this year, SCR (you should know who that is). They turned out to be pretty good last year after losing 75% of the winningest team in our schools history, and another year of experience for the young guys plus having our number one quarterback all season is going to make them tough to beat.
    Well if your talking about WLS, well then I really don't see what to worry about, LOL, Im only kidding, every year its a tough battle.

And if you are talking about THS, then there DEFINATLY isn't anything to worry about there, LOL.

And I'm going out on a limb here, but if you are from SCC, then I'm looking foward to the trip there, and hopefully its as great of a game as it was 2 years ago!
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    and it's a 7-12 school.
    Our school is K-12 in one building, lol
    Let's make some noise!

My alma mater is playing in the Herbstreit challenge this year in Cincy...look out.

Don Bosco Prep vs Centreville. How's Centreville traditionally?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    My alma mater is playing in the Herbstreit challenge this year in Cincy...look out.

Don Bosco Prep vs Centreville. How's Centreville traditionally?
    Centerville made the Herbstreit challenge because Herbie's an alumni.

Centerville is typically one of the 2 best big-school teams in the Dayton area (along with Huber Heights Wayne). Typically very disciplined and "fundamentally sound" and usually with a power-style running game. They've also had some speed-athlete types here recently.

Alumni include: AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Kirk Herbstreit and Mike Nugent. Ryan Hawk (AJ's bro) was also a standout QB who went on to have a nice MAC career at OhioU. I think they have maybe 4-5 other guys still playing D1 ball.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    Well if your talking about WLS, well then I really don't see what to worry about, LOL, Im only kidding, every year its a tough battle.

And if you are talking about THS, then there DEFINATLY isn't anything to worry about there, LOL.

And I'm going out on a limb here, but if you are from SCC, then I'm looking foward to the trip there, and hopefully its as great of a game as it was 2 years ago!
    WL-S.

Triad is HORRIBLE, but Catholic Central should be very good again.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Centerville made the Herbstreit challenge because Herbie's an alumni.

Centerville is typically one of the 2 best big-school teams in the Dayton area (along with Huber Heights Wayne). Typically very disciplined and "fundamentally sound" and usually with a power-style running game. They've also had some speed-athlete types here recently.

Alumni include: AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Kirk Herbstreit and Mike Nugent. Ryan Hawk (AJ's bro) was also a standout QB who went on to have a nice MAC career at OhioU. I think they have maybe 4-5 other guys still playing D1 ball.
    Very nice, dabvu2498. I am a Centerville grad as well. Your description in bold is very accurate. Year in and year out you can always depend on Centerville to have a power running game and stick with it. They do have some talent this year at QB and at the WR positions, so they could throw more than usual, but still, the game is won in the trenches, so you'll see more running than throwing.

Here is the full list of alumni since 2000 to play college ball.

Brad Hull - Grand Valley State Unviersity in Grand Rapids Michigan
    Steve Pytosh - Morehead State University

Jameson Hartke - Ohio University
    Jared Hunter - Ohio Northern
    Brent Middleton - Ohio Northern
    Tom Ingham - University of Dayton
    Josh Smith - Otterbein College
    Andrew Disalvo - Otterbein College

Dan Cline - Western Kentucky
    Eric Larrimer - Ball State
    Bill Guiney - Rose Hulman
    Jeff Gates - Baldwin-Wallace
    Tony Thomas - Wittenberg

Greg Brown - Indiana
    Andrew Terlecky - Denison
    Joe Unger - Marshall
    Brent Ullery - Ohio State

A.J. Hawk - Ohio State

Jason Flowers - Toledo
    Zac Elcess - Marshall

*this is last years list of players that were still playing college football. Obviously, Nugent would have been on this list if he were still in college, but he was in the NFL last year. Also, Nick Mangold went to Kettering Alter, not Centerville HS. His parents live in Centerville, but he went to the smaller, private school. Most announcers screwed this up from day 1 saying that Hawk and Mangold were teammates in HS. They were not.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-20-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?