Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High School Football

Re: High School Football

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Also, Nick Mangold went to Kettering Alter, not Centerville HS. His parents live in Centerville, but he went to the smaller, private school. Most announcers screwed this up from day 1 saying that Hawk and Mangold were teammates in HS. They were not.
    D'Oh!!! I knew that... it just slipped my mind as I was typing it in. Lot's of Alterites from Centerville and the Burg and not Kettering proper. I like Centerville/Wash Township. Don't live there but used to. Still go to church, get my hair cut, go to the gym there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Where do you go to church? I might have seen you and not even known it.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Bosco has had a superb program for years and this year looks to be about the same. Phil Simms' son is the QB. They normally place about 4 or 5 kids per year into D1 schools, typically larger programs. Off the top of my head, they have had recent grads go to Florida State, Notre Dame, Boston College and others.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    WL-S.

Triad is HORRIBLE, but Catholic Central should be very good again.
    Well I didn't wanna knock anyone so I tried to say something nice.....but we killed em 50-15, lol, and they scored there 15 against our Freshman team, lol. Well I can't wait until Week 4!! Going to be a hell of a lot of fun to beat WLS at home!!!!!
    Let's make some noise!

Take what RL says with a grain of salt. He didn't even know that Nugent was teh starting QB at C-Ville.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Take what RL says with a grain of salt. He didn't even know that Nugent was teh starting QB at C-Ville.

Jerk.

Dude's built like a pipe cleaner. I didn't think he could play QB in the WOL/GWOC.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Dude's built like a pipe cleaner. I didn't think he could play QB in the WOL/GWOC.

Well, Fairborn's QB is pretty skinny, and so is Wayne's. Belton from Northmont's got some size, though some of it is babyfat.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Anyone leave near or know anything about Unioto? We scrimmage them on saturday, I just would like to know what they did last year, and what they are figured on doing this year.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    I'm a native West Virginian who goes back to see my high school when I can. The Williamstown Yellowjackets broke the Class A (small school) record last year with their 46th consecutive regular season victory. I believe it's the overall state record as well. The irony is that we only won 15 games the entire time I was in high school there, and it's a 7-12 school.
    Then they absolutely tanked in the championship games the last two years.

They say when you move to Parkersburg, you immediately have to pick a school, PHS or South. I went with the Big Reds.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I just graduated, I'm gonna miss feeling like I have a connection going to the games, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Watch out for you rivals this year, SCR (you should know who that is). They turned out to be pretty good last year after losing 75% of the winningest team in our schools history, and another year of experience for the young guys plus having our number one quarterback all season is going to make them tough to beat.
    I just thought that I would say good luck to you guys this week. Its going to be a long hard faught game. Hopefully we don't have a dispute (like before the game last year when we went through the Tiger head...)
    Let's make some noise!

Just wanting to know how everyones high school did and if any made the playoffs? We are #1 in Division #6, Region #24. We are ranked #3 state-wide. We play North Lewisberg Triad again this week. We beat them 21-6 in the muddiest, most fun game I have ever played in! Now we get them again, and this time i'm predicting it wont be as close.... We finished 9-1 on the Regular Season, only losing our first game to a 10-0 West Jefferson Team. We had 2,581 rushing yards, but only 833 passing yards from our sophmore QB on the season, giving us a total of 3,414. I am VERY proud of the rushing because i start at left tackle! lol. All of my information is coming from, http://www.burgfootball.com Feel free to look up anything else you wanna know about us on here.
    Let's make some noise!

We beat the North Lewisberg Triad Cardinals, 61-0 tonight!
    Let's make some noise!

Congrats....

You've got a tough bracket with Hardin Northern and Marion Local.

Good Luck.....

My old high school (Lafayette Allen East) (Division V Region 20) plays at home tonight against conference rival Spencerville. This will be the first playoff game ever at their stadium, and it will be the final ever Allen East football game at that stadium (they are moving to a new stadium next year). In addition to an outstanding football team, we have one of the best marching bands in the world. The atmosphere should be incredible.
    Last edited by Hap; 11-04-2006 at 07:15 AM.

I was actually planning on heading to that gmae tonight, sounds like its going to be a great game, but a few of my fellow football players are going to go the the West Jefferson game tonight. They are about the only people that have respected us at all, and even though they are the only team to beat us this year, I really like them and their team a lot. They played with a lot of class.
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?