Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High School Football

Re: High School Football

Have to brag on my school some more--they just wrapped up another unbeaten season with a 27-0 drubbing of Parkersburg Catholic. Not that anyone other than WVRed cares. BTW, congrats to your Big Reds on a fine season; I'll be pulling for them to win AAA.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Allen East 41 Spencerville 21

It was a very hard-hitting and hard-fought game by two teams with stud tailbacks. Spencerville was about to score on the first play of the fourth quarter to draw within five points, but we forced a fumble and ran it back 95 yards for a TD. A later 58 yard TD run put the game out of reach.

That sounded like a great game, better than the WJ game... It was 26-0 at the half when we left... We have Dola Hardin Northern this week and its most likely going to be @ Bellfountaine, if anyone cares to come watch the show.
    Let's make some noise!

Someone said that we broke an OHSAA record with 41 points in the 2nd quarter of that game, i dunno though.
    Let's make some noise!

Good luck against Hardin Northern, SCR. They are an outstanding team, as I am sure your team is also. Your game might be the game of the week in the entire state.

I am going to the Allen East -- Lima Central Catholic game on Saturday, and I am expecting a real dogfight on both sides. They beat us in week 9, but we were playing without our star tailback, who was suspended for one game. Judging by his 266-yard performance last week, I would predict that he will carry the Mustangs to victory.

LCC beat West Liberty-Salem last week didn't they? They are also in our league and we beat them 48-0. Good luck to Allen East!!!
    Let's make some noise!

Mechanicsburg 34 Hardin Northern 0

MECHANICSBURG MANHANDLES HARDIN NORTHERN

I listened to most of the first quarter of this game on the radio. I knew the game was overwith in the first half when Mechanicsburg intercepted a pass and then passed for a long touchdown on the next play to go ahead 14-0.

Congrats to you and your team, SCR.

Your game against Maria Stein Marion Local might be the state championship.

I might end up going to the LCC-Allen East game tonight. Depends what else is going on. Had a chance last night to see Piqua defeat Wapakoneta. Piqua's running back Saine who is already committed to Ohio State looked good but I dont know how he will do at the next level. Kid is crazy fast, but guess we will just have to see when he gets to college.

Mechanicsburg was completely dominate. 34-0 doesn't show the kind of beat down they put on Hardin Northern.

I walked away from that field saying "Wow!"
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Lima Central Catholic will be wearing multi-colored, new-style uniforms with the flashy motion striping. Allen East has the same Medium Blue and White that they wore when the district was created in 1965. The only difference is the block-lettered "AE" on the helmets when they used to be just solid blue.

Lima Central Catholic runs a well-balanced offense, mixing size and atleticism with a touch of flair. They also sport a solid, stingy defense.

Allen East runs more or less the same playbooks on offense and defense that they ran in 1965. Their OLs and RBs are good enough to control the tempo and the time of posession. And just when you think they are going to run Tailback Off-Tackle for the seventeenth consecutive play, they give you a fullback counter or a play-fake pass for a big gain. On the defensive side is where the team's best all-around athletes play. They fill the gaps and hit hard and make all the plays. Woody Hayes would be proud.

This will an outstanding game all around.
    Last edited by Hap; 11-11-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Go Turpin!!

We are looking foward to our game next week vs. Marion Local. We wanted this game since before the season to avenge our last years opening round loss to them 17-7. Its going to be a lot of fun! I hope as many of you guys can come out to see "The show"! And watch The Stove's magnificent line play! lol
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?