Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Early Keeper League ideas....

Early Keeper League ideas....

I just got ARod in a trade from a desperate owner who needed pitching in my keeper league. Now I need some suggestions on who to keep once the year is over.

It is an any 2 players keeper league. ARod will be one obviously. My current perdicament now that I have ARod is will I keep Derek Lee or Liriano?

My thought is that as long as Lee comes back and hits well this season, I'll keep him and maybe try to pick up Liriano in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft since I'll have such a head start on offense. Would anyone flat keep Liriano over Lee?

Thoughts?

Also, I am currently 2nd on the waiver list in one of my leagues and Todd Jones and Johnny Peralta were just dropped. I have a garbage player I can drop for either one. Which one would you go for?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Early Keeper League ideas....

are you desperate for saves? Then add Jones, if you can spare the room in ERA and WHIP, He may not keep his closer job too much longer if his poor play continue despite what Leyland is saying now, Joel Zumaya has the long-term value here and could be in that role after the break. as for Peralta he is quite the buy-low player, as he has struggled but should see much better numbers in the second half w/ this high powered offense. But can you use him? Who is your everyday SS? This pickup option has complete opposite benefits and it depends on what you need more. As for Lee/ Soriano, Lee is the obvious choice, unless the members in your league are each going to keep two pitchers. You can usually find more valuable pitching in the later rounds of a draft that that of their offensive counterparts. In theory, only the players selected in the 1st 2 rounds will be kept bumping each player up 2 rounds, although this will not always be the case, but dropping someone of this value to keep a 10th or deeper round pick that will now become a 3-5 rounder will not be a wise choice.

I meant to add, that by keeping A-rod and Lee, you will be keeping 2 1st round quality players, cant ask for much better than that

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron
    I meant to add, that by keeping A-rod and Lee, you will be keeping 2 1st round quality players, cant ask for much better than that
    I have planned on keeping Lee, but just wanted to make sure most people felt the same way.

As far as my current SS, it is Jeter. So Peralta will not play and would simply be insurance/future trade bait. As far as saves, I am not desperate at all for saves, but would have a spot on the everyday roster for Jones. That would allow me to possibly up my save totals to where I could afford to move a closer.

Jones will be replaced eventually, but Leyland stated that currently nothing will change.

I am leaning towards Peralta simply because he could rebound and become nice trade bait later.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Short answers-Lee and A-Rod and Peralta
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I think I'd keep Liriano. The guy is a stud.

I now have another issue to work out. I have David Wright in this league as well. Do I keep Wright over Derek Lee even with me having ARod?

2 player keeper. My list of guys I could debate on:

ARod
    D-Lee
    Wright
    Jose Reyes
    F. Liriano

Thoughts?

Are you allowed to keep any players on the dl for the following year? If so than see at end of year if any of the players you are considering are injured.

1b is pretty deep, 3b not so much, keep the best value, you could acquire alot from Wright, so he may be more valuable than Lee, also see how Lee comes back from his injuries. Can you trade a player at the end of the season as a keeper for someone else for a top draft pick while giving up one of your lower ones? if so, see whos interested in who and make your moves, if not, it will definately be a tough decision at the end of the year.

Turn Off Ads?