Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Hudson???

Tim Hudson???

Could Tim Hudson be an option and what would it take to land him? Wagner or Claussen, Bailey, and Votto? They thrown in Reitsma.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5700028

I'm not sure the Reds have the players to offer, but he has the stuff to pitch in the GAB. He is affordable for a couple of years but after that-ouch!
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tim Hudson???

He'd be a great addition, especially as a ground ball pitcher. However, I think we'd have to give up too much to get him. I'd rather see the club pursue Willis (younger with more upside), Schmidt (power pitcher we sorely lack), or Zito (heard he's on the block).
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Looks like you and edabbs are on the same page, Spitball (if you don't know what I'm talking about, just look in the ORG). I wouldn't give up Bailey for Hudson, but I'd trade BOTH Claussen and Wagner to get it done. Here's what I'd do:

Kearns, Claussen, Wagner, Olmedo, Votto for Hudson and Reistma

This trade seems fair to me. Yeah, maybe we are giving up a lot, but at the same time we upgrade the rotation and the bullpen greatly.

Just a side thought here, but would anyone trade LaRue to the Royals for Elmer Dessens? Elmer has done pretty well pitching out of the 'pen in KC and he would sure help ours.
    Last edited by VI_RedsFan; 06-16-2006 at 05:58 PM.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Reistma is on the DL with numbness in his fingers...

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I'm sure he won't be gone for too long. He's only on the 15-day.
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    kip wells had the same thing and it turned out to be very bad

I don't think I want Reistma even if he is healthy. His 9.11 ERA, along with the fact that the Braves are sour on him and ready to ship him out, is enough to scare me away.

Doubt they would want Kearns, young OF's they have.
    Go Gators!

Yeah, Reitsma broke his arm or elbow throwing a pitch years ago. There might be a serious medical issue with him, but I'd take Hudson.

I wouldn't be afraid to include Bailey in a deal to acquire a Hudson type pitcher, contract, rib, and all. He pounds the lower strike zone and would surely fit the GAB. I would think Votto would be attractive to them, also.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

saboforthird

Numbness is nothing to over-look.

Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    Numbness is nothing to over-look.
    Right, because numbness would be a neurological problem. I believe repetitive actions, such a throwing, sometimes cause nerve damage.

I wonder if his friend Catch22 ever visits here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Chris isn't having a very good year. Maybe he has a mechanics problem that can be fixed or is it because he has an underlying medical problem?

Is it wise to give up HB? He's the most promising pitching prospect the Reds have had in a long long time. They're not a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-17-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Chris isn't having a very good year. Maybe he has a mechanics problem that can be fixed or is it because he has an underlying medical problem?

Is it wise to give up HB? He's the most promising pitching prospect the Reds have had in a long long time. They're not a dime a dozen.
    I'd give up HB to acquire a Tim Hudson type starter. If you look at the B.J. Ryan and Jason Schmidt examples, you see that so often teams have a promising young pitcher through his developing years and then lose him when he develops and tests the free agent market. Others get injured or never develop as hoped. Hudson is signed through a few more years though he gets pretty expensive in a few years. Hopefully, by that time, the Reds are winning so much they are packing the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    I wonder if his friend Catch22 ever visits here anymore.
    According to the Membership List, he dropped by yesterday.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I was watching the Redsox & Braves game and heard one of the announcers say he has bone chips around his elbow.

Turn Off Ads?