Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dunner44's just back from the game thread, 6/16 edition

Can he be stopped?

Dunner44's just back from the game thread, 6/16 edition

I don't know if you guys even read this, but I like talking about games I actually went to, since most of my games I get via radio. Sadly, since I work until 9 most nights, I rarely get to go to games.

Brandon C. was terrible. Could not throw a strike. I felt he got a couple hard calls early and then fell apart. He was definitely back to nibbling tonight, did not challenge a single batter.

Mays, after letting up 2 runs charged to BC and one to himself, was good. Not dominant, but I the offense had ever showed up after the 1st, he would have kept us in it.

Yan looked good. White is wearing #00 now. That's new isn't it? It didn't help, he still sucked.

I felt bad for Ross, he got hit by a bat, and again by a crappy pitch that was fouled into him.

Dunn looked like he was swinging for the fences every time, and failing. No patience form hitters today after the 1st.

Kearns' steal in the first was U-G-L-Y... but it worked.

Lopez played horribly. He cut off a throw from the outfield on a throw to home, and then threw it sideways right at BC... so there was no hope for a play there. He also mailed it in on a single late.. (maybe the 6th....). Had he dived, he makes the play. He also had an ugly double play, but at least he turned it, and another throw which ALMOST pulled Mr. Hat off the base.

Rich's error was HORRIBLE.....
    If thats what a scrappy vet buys you, I'd like to see Easy there every night when he gets back.... Rich could have tagged the runner going to 3rd, and it was a force out situation, and he could have certianly beat the base runner to 3rd... sigh.

finally... dang that sun is bright in the bleachers... I see what Dunn was saying. I was going to buy 5 dollar walk ups but they were sold out... first time that has happened to me... probably just Sox fans though.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Dunner44's just back from the game thread, 6/16 edition

It didn't sound like a pretty game on XM.

I love reading game reports... even when the game is lousy, like tonight's pitching was.

Question: did Adam Dunn's spectacular catch and assist look as good live as it did on TV?

I was very unhappy with Welsh tonight. He ragged on the Reds pretty hard, saying a lot of stuff that I can't properly remember right now. Imagine that! Anyway, my feeling at the time is that he was blaming the defense when he should have put the blame where it belonged.... pitching. The defense did not give up 12 runs; kinda tough to stop base hits (most of them anyway) and grand slams.

That said, he did mention that it's tough for players to look up at the scoreboard and see an 8-run deficit... makes them give up. That made me kind of angry too, because that's one thing I have not seen from this team... they are not quitters. I would not have been surprised to actually see them come back, had that happened.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone

Question: did Adam Dunn's spectacular catch and assist look as good live as it did on TV?
    I haven't gotten to see a replay on TV yet but that play looked very good live. My seats are right behind the visitors dugout and I had a great angle on the play, it was very sweet. Dunn made it look so smooth that you almost had to take a second look and make sure it was him in LF.

I will say that the White Sox fans that were at the game and there seemed to be a lot of them made much more niose than the Reds fans ever did. Before the grandslam in the first it was just very overwhelming the amount of White Sox fans that you could hear, most notable was the "lets go White Sox lets go" chant that seemed to be coming from all over the stadium.

Garcia really had the breaking ball and splitter working tonight. Once he got ahead with the fastball it was pretty much lights out with the off speed stuff. His fastball is very straight and hittable but he was putting people away with the offspeed stuff.

Hatteberg was awful at 1st, pulled his foot on the one and was flailing at the other. Of course it didn't matter.

When you give up 12 runs nothing else matters.

Can he be stopped?

I didn't see the catch because I split time between the bleacher nosebleeds and the corner seats right behind the LF foul pole, but the throw was right on line, and a very nice one.

As for Welsh's comments, I tend to agree. The team looked lazy in the field. Dunn had that nice OF assist, but the first three innings the outfield could not seem to make a play. All their throws to second/home were off, and because of this they let a few DEFINITE singles become doubles. And as I said Lopez just gave up in the field.

Also, funny story I forgot to relate.... We were right above one of the special event terraces in Lf by the foul pole, and Mr. Red came to visit. He had a squirt gun, and was hosing the fans, and this one sox fan who decided he needed a picture w/ Mr. Red. But the last picture he took was with a guy and his wife. Instead of being on the guy's right, he moved in between the guy and his wife, and after the picture, the man and woman started to walk away, and Mr. red pinched the lady's butt.... hilarious....

Edit: Oh yeah, and Q's batting ritual... wow do his legs move like rubber... That was far worse than Casey's "Take off all my gloves and wait 5 minutes" batter's box ritual.
    Last edited by Dunner44; 06-17-2006 at 08:24 AM.

I will say that the White Sox fans that were at the game and there seemed to be a lot of them made much more niose than the Reds fans ever did. Before the grandslam in the first it was just very overwhelming the amount of White Sox fans that you could hear, most notable was the "lets go White Sox lets go" chant that seemed to be coming from all over the stadium.
    I was up in the last seat, nosebleed section in right field and could barely hear a chant when Konerko got to the plate... was it "Paulie, Paulie, Paulie"?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'll be in the same seat tonight... if anyone wants to say hi...[last seat, last row, $5 seats, aisle 537. Here's some pics from my perch...
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 03-26-2007 at 03:49 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Nice report Dunner
    and
    Nice pictures Kitty
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?