Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Favorite AC/DC Album?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • High Voltage

3 7.89%
  • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

5 13.16%
  • Let There Be Rock

2 5.26%
  • Powerage

1 2.63%
  • If You Want Blood, You've Got It

0 0%
  • Highway To Hell

2 5.26%
  • Back In Black

15 39.47%
  • For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

0 0%
  • Flick Of The Switch

0 0%
  • '74 Jailbreak

1 2.63%
  • Fly On The Wall

0 0%
  • Who Made Who

1 2.63%
  • Blowin' Up Your TV

0 0%
  • Razor's Edge

1 2.63%
  • AC/DC Live

2 5.26%
  • Ballbreaker

0 0%
  • Stiff Upper Lip

1 2.63%
  • Don't Like AC/DC

4 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite AC/DC album

Favorite AC/DC album

Mine is High Voltage, I just wanted your guys' thoughts on this as fellow Redzoners!
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite AC/DC album

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    Mine is High Voltage, I just wanted your guys' thoughts on this as fellow Redzoners!
    High Voltage. None higher.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Dirty Deeds and Back in Black... but I voted for Dirty Deeds.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Tough to top "Back in Black." Mutt Lange's production made the music sound clean and raw at the same time.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

M2 will weigh in on this, and I'd give a milion to one odds that it'll be an album that took place during the life of Bon Scott.

Anyone see the VH1 behind the music for making of "Back in Black?"

I used to think that Spinal Tap's Nigel Tufnel was modeled after Jeff Beck. I now think he's a composite character of the Brian Johnson era AC/DC lineup.
    Stick to your guns.

Off topic, I guess, but there is a band called Reckless Kelly. They come from the northeast I think, but they play alot in Texas, I am led to believe. They have a CD called Live at Stubb's. They do a bluegrass influenced version of You Shook Me which is great. They also do Whole Lotta Love and Subterranean Homesick Blues.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

There is a band called Hayseed Dixie, they do a bunch of AC/DC songs country style, lol, i know it sounds weird, but its very good, well i think it is!
    Let's make some noise!

LET THERE BE ROCK easily combing the raw energy of punk with the dirty blues .

I put in the vote for Powerage, the Let There Be Rock, Highway to Hell, If You Want Blood, and Back in Black are all candiadates for me. What I like about the Powerage album is that the songs are always fresh to me when I put it on since none of 'em get played on the radio.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Razors Edge just because I love Thunderstruck; the rest of the songs are good too. Then again, what AC/DC album isn't a good time?

I really believe that the riff to "Can I Sit Next to You Girl" should be canonized.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

When I lived in Sydney, the man in the flat below me used to put on Back in Black, turn up the volume, and play it over and over again. Strange thing is that, instead of getting sick of the album, I really came to like it.

So, yeah, Bon Scott was the superior vocalist, but because of my experience with the album, I'll take Back in Black.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    M2 will weigh in on this, and I'd give a milion to one odds that it'll be an album that took place during the life of Bon Scott.
    What, not billion to one?

High Voltage, Let There Be Rock and Highway to Hell are as good as gut-bucket rock'n'roll gets. Picking between them is like trying to pick your favorite child, can't really be done. Anyway, for the purposes of this poll I went with Let There Be Rock because I figured the middle child might not get as much love.

As fate would have it, I may wind up seeing an AC/DC tribute band this coming Friday. It's an all-female outfit called Hells Belles.
    Last edited by M2; 06-19-2006 at 12:34 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

As fate would have it, I may wind up seeing an AC/DC tribute band this coming Friday. It's an all-female outfit called Hells Belles.
    They're based out of Seattle, Pedro and I met this woman who had auditioned to be their Drummer, said that she turned it down and passed it on to another drummer she knew. Apparently they do a nice drawn out and suggestive "Big Balls."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    There is a band called Hayseed Dixie, they do a bunch of AC/DC songs country style, lol, i know it sounds weird, but its very good, well i think it is!
    It's a matter of taste. I heard that and wanted to puke.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?