Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ESPN Question of the Night: Which is the most interesting event?

ESPN Question of the Night: Which is the most interesting event?

Over 81,000 polled:

47% : U.S. in World Cup
    38% : NBA Finals
    Remainder : U.S. Open

Can I get a hell yeah for U.S. Soccer????

Possible watershed moment for U.S. in their performance today vs. Italy. They get killed by Italy, no way do they get this sort of interest from the "average" sports fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: ESPN Question of the Night: Which is the most interesting event?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS

Possible watershed moment for U.S. in their performance today vs. Italy. They get killed by Italy, no way do they get this sort of interest from the "average" sports fan.
    I'll second that. The referee sure tried to help Italy out a bit with those cheap red cards though. They played with a lot of heart today and could have come out on top with a couple good breaks.

Hoorah for the Red, White and Blue! I'm proud to be a member of Sam's Army. Granted, not one with enough resources to travel to Germany 2006. What a huge moment for US Soccer. I'm not sure if you've heard, but we actually outnumbered the Italian fans in the stadium last night!

Yes we did outnumber them; our troops played a major role in creating that advantage and boy were they loud and proud! You could clearly hear their chants of Bull-crap(the other 4 letter word) after the Reds. Great work by our fans at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    I'm not sure if you've heard, but we actually outnumbered the Italian fans in the stadium last night!

There is an Army base there right?

My lineup:
    1 World Cup
    2 NHL finals
    3 NBA finals

The real US Open doesn't come around until September in NYC :
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    Over 81,000 polled:

47% : U.S. in World Cup
    38% : NBA Finals
    Remainder : U.S. Open

Color me SURPRISED!

Only a few weeks ago my daughter (HS sophmore) was telling me that practically none of her classmates even knew the FIFA World Cup would be on.

Put it on ESPN, give it a little buzz...and it takes off!

That is stimulating, but worrisome at the same time, if you catch my drift.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by DropDocK

There is an Army base there right?

My lineup:
    1 World Cup
    2 NHL finals
    3 NBA finals

The real US Open doesn't come around until September in NYC :

K-Town is Little America. It's the biggest group of Americans outside of North America.

There are several Army and Air Force bases within 2 hours from K-Town.

The Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) is the largest military community outside the continental United States, and is a combined community consisting of Army and Air Force components. The Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) consists of Army facilities at Kleber, Panzer, and Daener Kaserne, Vogelweh, Landstuhl, Miesau, Pirmasens, Rhine Ordnance and Pulaski Barracks along with Air Force facilities located at Ramstein Air Base, Einsiedlerhof, Sembach and Kapaun Air Station.

Several U.S. Army Europe, or USAREUR, installations are scattered throughout the KMC. The Army installations stretch from the east side of Kaiserslautern, west to Miesau and south to Pirmasens. There are eight different Army installations comprising the KMC: Kleber Kaserne (Northeastern Kaiserslautern) Daener Kaserne (Northeastern Kaiserslautern) Panzer Kaserne (Northeastern Kaiserslautern) Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (Landstuhl) Rhine Ordnance Barracks (Western Kaiserslautern) Pulaski Barracks (Western Kaiserslautern) United States Materiel Command Center Europe/226th Med Bn (remote site at Pirmasens) Vogelweh (Western Kaiserslautern).
    Last edited by RBA; 06-20-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Turn Off Ads?