• Other

0 0%

Thread: AL Rookie of the Year

AL Rookie of the Year

Who Wins It?

Francisco Liriano?

or

Jonathan Papelbon?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AL Rookie of the Year

Papelbon. The ESPN/Red Sox campaign will be difficult for Liriano to overcome.

i think Papelbon will win it as well. His team is in better position to make a run in the postseason, and Papelbon has been dominant from the beginning of the season. Not that Liriano doesn't deserve it.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

What bout Jered Weaver? He going to make a case?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    What bout Jered Weaver? He going to make a case?
    he plays on the wrong coast. Papelbon will win.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Liriano.

In my opinion, a dominating starter is more important than a dominating closer.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I went with JP, but if Liriano/Santana pitch the Twins back into the hunt, maybe, just maybe...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I can't remember anything like what I'm seeing from Liriano and Weaver. These guys aren't just pitching good baseball, they are literally pitching better than anyone else.

It's a big if, but Liriano would be the cy young front runner with more starts under his belt.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Papelbon will win. Not only does he pitch for a big-market team, but he's also been the closer since day 1. The Twins foolishly kept Liriano out of the rotation for more than a month. If it comes down to a toss-up, that could be a tie-breaker.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I don't even think this one will be particularly close, unless Liriano goes through a particularly rough patch or gets hurt. Papelbon could duplicate his 1st half exactly and still not be able to compete with what Liriano is doing.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think if the vote were today, Papelbon would win. However I think what Liriano will do in the second half of the season will push him ahead of Papelbon, and maybe even to the front of the Cy Young race.

verlander of detroit has to be thrown into the mix.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Turn Off Ads?