Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Big Crowds the Weekend--How many were Chisox Fans?

Re: Three Big Crowds the Weekend--How many were Chisox Fans?

That's the spirit Unassisted
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

It was maybe 10% Sox fans today. They were loud and annoying though. Chanting Lets Go White Sox in the opposing teams ballpark is a sad testimony to how the series went. Everytime they would chant that loser phrase, I and many others would boo loudly. I commented to my father in law this afternoon that only a handful were real fans back 10 years ago when their teams were losing more than winning and only filling Comisky half full.

Like unnassted said, they probably paid for a good reliever at the break if we're still in it by all of the beer they drank this weekend.
    VBR IS LIVING IN CINCINNATI...I FEEL GOOD!

On Satuday the problem wasn't the amount of Sox fans there, but they just made more noise then we did. When we wanted to, we drowned them out with no problem at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I like that thinking Unassisted let them help us pay for upgrades to the team.

I talked to a bunch of them Sat night a GameDay (and seem to remember kissing one who thought I was in my 30's...). They are just people who are as rabid as we all are - and their team actually wins now and then.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I sat next to a couple of them on Saturday and we just made simple conversation through out the whole game. They asked who [and why] we'd traded Casey to, and how in the heck Aurilia was a clean up hitter that night. Even went as far to say the Reds were just a pitcher or two away from being a real threat.

Very polite, intelligent, and didn't get obnoxious like the other Illinois teams fans.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Granted, the sweep was painful. But it should bring us all comfort to know that the Reds lightened the wallets of all of those out of town fans. Every ticket sold, every hot dog eaten and every beverage consumed at GABP during those games helped fill the coffers of our favorite team.

The next time the Reds sign a player to a big contract, don't forget to thank those White Sox fans.
    i know they lightened my wallet considerably...and i'm not happy about it...i spent about 10 hours in the car and $900 this weekend, just to see a pathetic display of baseball by the home team...only one more game for me this year since i already have tickets...sure hope the concepcion bobblehead is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    The next time the Reds sign a player to a big contract, don't forget to thank those White Sox fans.

the next will be the first time. i hope we can stay in the hunt long enough to see what the front office will do. picking up players like yan and castro aren't helping this team. we need to make a statement trade and sign him to a long term deal.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan
    the next will be the first time.
    Eric Milton says hello
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Eric Milton says hello

i want a impact player not the homerun allowed king. all kidding aside i must give milton credit for turning things around. i'm just bummed about the rolen and colon trades that never happened.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I saw the Tigers play the Cubs this weekend; it was the same way. cubs fans are notoriously loud, but they were silenced by the numerous, loud Detroit fans.
    Yeah, I was listening to the Saturday game on the radio and there were a lot of Tigers fans there. I've been in CHI for Cuns Reds games in the mid-late 90s and there were definitely a lot of Reds fans there at the time and even thought the Reds were mediocre, the Cubs were worse.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    i know they lightened my wallet considerably...and i'm not happy about it...i spent about 10 hours in the car and $900 this weekend, just to see a pathetic display of baseball by the home team...only one more game for me this year since i already have tickets...sure hope the concepcion bobblehead is worth it
    Sounds like my bad luck for having picked the Phillies games back in May to make the yearly sojourn. Only that was 15 hours in the car, my car blew up on the way, and the Adam Dunn figurine ain't ever gonna be worth it. Oh, and I traumatized my 4-year-old with the fireworks. And I may have additionally traumatized him with Quentin McCracken's dropping the fly ball in a 0-0 game that led to the Phillies scoring on the night Lieber damn near threw a perfect game.

Actually, given the way the Reds have continually choked in front of large crowds at home this year, I am pleased that their attendance is where its at. They have had numerous chances at big home wins, and pretty much come up empty all season...

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Oh, and I traumatized my 4-year-old with the fireworks.
    Oh, mem... he was OK after you got out of the seats?
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Oh, mem... he was OK after you got out of the seats?
    Not so much. Even the next night, despite good seats down the first base line, he was near tears just from worry over the possibilty of fireworks. He made us sit back upstairs down the left field line as far from potential fireworks as possible. Even then, he sat there cringing the whole game worrying about them. In fact, I think the karma from his worry was SO bad that it led to Lieber's near perfection, the offensive woes/slump that followed, and every other bad thing that befell that team the rest of May.

That one's all on me...

Edit: But it was fun to meet you, Chip, GAC and redsland (?)...that part was very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Not so much. Even the next night, despite good seats down the first base line, he was near tears just from worry over the possibilty of fireworks. He made us sit back upstairs down the left field line as far from potential fireworks as possible. Even then, he sat there cringing the whole game worrying about them. In fact, I think the karma from his worry was SO bad that it led to Lieber's near perfection, the offensive woes/slump that followed, and every other bad thing that befell that team the rest of May.

That one's all on me...

Edit: But it was fun to meet you, Chip, GAC and redsland (?)...that part was very cool.
    I would think if he was OK after meeting GAC, nothing could shake him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?