Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SABR Members?

SABR Members?

I just joined SABR for the first time. I was wondering how many other SABR members are on here and if they could tell me what publications have already shipped this year. I'd like to know what to look forward to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SABR Members?

What does SABR stand for?

Society for American Baseball Research

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    What does SABR stand for?
    Soccer Association of Boca Raton
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I'm a member. Sandy D and Westofyou are members who did a presentation about Redland Field a few years ago when the convention was held in Cincy.
    Stick to your guns.

It's true I'm a member... our chapter is having the convention this year in Seattle. IIRC we have received a Canadian Themed Journal (Domino?) and just yesterday I got a copy of National Pastime.

No books this year so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    It's true I'm a member... our chapter is having the convention this year in Seattle. IIRC we have received a Canadian Themed Journal (Domino?) and just yesterday I got a copy of National Pastime.

No books this year so far.....
    Thank you. I look forward to being a member, and hope to come to a convention in the future. One of my main reasons for joining was a lengthy email exchange with Susan Dellinger (author of the controversial Red Legs and Black Sox. She is very passionate about SABR and encouraged me to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    Thank you. I look forward to being a member, and hope to come to a convention in the future. One of my main reasons for joining was a lengthy email exchange with Susan Dellinger (author of the controversial Red Legs and Black Sox. She is very passionate about SABR and encouraged me to join.
    Susan is passionate, that's for sure. I've talked to her regarding some of the Reds pitchers who threw doctored balls back in the late teens. In fact Chip R (who also is a member of SABR) just sent me an autographed copy of her book... I haven't had the chance to dive in it just yet, but it looks good.

Oddly enough, I am an SABR member myself, mostly at the behest of one of my college profs. He was a member and I did quite a bit of baseball work in his seminar class my Jr. year. I honestly don't take the time to do a lot of the reading of their material as my work and family (and dogs) now dominates my life. I did go to the convention in Cincy 2 years ago, mostly to see my old prof.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

How does one become a SABR member?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    How does one become a SABR member?
    Online at www.sabr.org $165 for a 3 year membership or $60 annually.

PS: www.sabr.com is an Islamic educational site. Unless you want Homeland Security at your door, stay away.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498

PS: www.sabr.com is an Islamic educational site. Unless you want Homeland Security at your door, stay away.
    Thanks for the info...and the warning.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    You get a discount if you're under 30. it's well, well worth it to be a member, great information that in this day and age of information overload is genuinely hard to find anywhere else.

I am a member, but I haven't gotten anything since I moved almost a year ago...crap...really need to get on that updating thing...
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    You get a discount if you're under 30. it's well, well worth it to be a member, great information that in this day and age of information overload is genuinely hard to find anywhere else.

I am a member, but I haven't gotten anything since I moved almost a year ago...crap...really need to get on that updating thing...
    How much of a discount? I'm slightly under 30

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    How much of a discount? I'm slightly under 30
    $20 off the regular rate. So my rate was $40 for being under 30.

Turn Off Ads?