Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trying to Break the Slump: 6/19 Reds @ Mets Game Thread

Trying to Break the Slump: 6/19 Reds @ Mets Game Thread

Ok I am trying to bring some good luck to our ball club. When my NIU Huskies were 5-4 I made the game thread for each game the night before the actual game. The Huskies won 3 in a row and won the MAC West Title. In hope to bring the Reds some of that good luck, I am going to try the same thing.

I figure it isn't nearly as annoying as talking in 3rd person, so it is worth a shot. Mods if you feel as if it is stupid, go ahead and lock the thread.

@
    Reds (37-31, L 3) @ Mets (42-25, W 1)

@
    Arroyo (8-3, 2.51 ERA) @ Hernandez (4-5, 5.50 ERA)

After finishing up a 10-game homestand on Sunday, the Reds hit the road for the first of a four-game series against the Mets on Monday night at Shea Stadium.
    The Reds ended the homestand with a thud, dropping eight of their last nine games to finish with a record of 2-8.

Reds ace Bronson Arroyo will look to break the Reds' three-game losing streak as he faces Mets right-hander Orlando Hernandez.

Arroyo has been mostly rock solid for the Reds this season, but struggled a bit in his last outing on Tuesday against Milwaukee. He allowed four runs on nine hits and struck out seven in seven innings, and left trailing, 4-3, in a game the Reds would eventually lose, 6-4.

He will be making his 15th start of the season. Ten of Arroyo's 15 outings this season have come against teams from the National League Central.

Hernandez will be looking for his third win in four starts for the Mets since being traded from the Diamondbacks on May 24.

"El Duque" faced the Reds earlier this season and took the loss in a 9-8 Reds win on May 2 as a member of the Diamondbacks. He allowed eight runs on nine hits in 5 1/3 innings.

Pitching matchup
    CIN: RHP Bronson Arroyo (8-3, 2.51 ERA)
    Arroyo will be making his third career start against the Mets. He is 1-1, with a 7.71 ERA.

NYM: RHP Orlando Hernandez (4-5, 5.50 ERA)
    Hernandez's start against the Reds earlier this year was the first of his career. He is 0-1 with a 12.71 ERA.

Player to watch
    Reds first baseman Scott Hatteberg is one of the few Reds who has been hitting well lately. In his last 13 games, he has batted .375 (15-for-40) with a homer and six RBIs.

On the Internet
    MLB.TV
    Gameday Audio
    Gameday
    Official game notes

On television
    FSN Ohio

On radio
    700 WLW

Up next
    Tuesday: Reds (RHP Elizardo Ramirez, 2-5, 3.44) at Mets (RHP Steve Trachsel, 4-4, 4.81), 7:10 p.m. ET
    Wednesday: Reds (RHP Joe Mays, 0-0, 8.22) at Mets (RHP Alay Soler, 2-1, 3.00), 7:10 p.m. ET
    Thursday: Reds (LHP Eric Milton, 403, 4.14) at Mets (RHP Pedro Martinez, 6-3, 3.01), 1:10 p.m. ET
    Shea Stadium

Go Reds!
    God I hope this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trying to Break the Slump: 6/19 Reds @ Mets Game Thread

Me too. Go Reds, take out the Mets.
    woo woo woo, you know it

Earlier in the year when Hernandez was with the Diamondbacks the Reds scored 8 runs off of him.

Lock it, it's tempting fate!
    Go Gators!

Lineups?
    This place use to be fun

This idea is worth a shot to break the slump.

However, the NIU luck ran out when they ran into the Akron Juggernaut. Fear the Roo.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I know a good way for the Reds to break the slump. Score more runs than the opponent. That seems to be the issue from my vantage.

Turn Off Ads?