Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EXTRA TOP SECRET!!! Italian World Cup Training Video TOP SECRET!!!

Re: EXTRA TOP SECRET!!! Italian World Cup Training Video TOP SECRET!!!

The biggest flopper of them all plays in the EPL on the EPL's most recognizable team. No one can flop like Cristiano.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The biggest flopper of them all plays in the EPL on the EPL's most recognizable team. No one can flop like Cristiano.
    My buddy is Portuguese and I give him flak about CR all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Cristiano flops if he gets looked at wrong.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Of course you're right. This discussion has been held before on this website and the same people are reiterating the same national stereoptypes. Ignorance is slow to change.
    Arguably the biggest stars for their countries, Michael Ballack (german) and Steven Gerrard (British) have been caught on videotape diving, often with great success. Sheffield united manager Neil Warnock loudly criticised Gerrard for simulating in the Feb. 23 game vrs/ Sheffield United - it was one of the bigger stories of the EPL last week. Do you follow the EPL? If you don't you would see lots of diving by players from all countries.
    There's an exception to every rule, but if you don't think certain nations have a footballing culture wherein diving is more accepted as a genuine tactic than in other places around the world, you're the one spouting ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    There's an exception to every rule, but if you don't think certain nations have a footballing culture wherein diving is more accepted as a genuine tactic than in other places around the world, you're the one spouting ignorance.
    You are aware that the video that started this thread is intended to deride the very POV that you are desperately trying to cling to, right?
    In Italy and Brazil, coaching and teaching good technical skills and communicating tactical awareness is a priority. Are there players from those countries that simulate being fouled - yes - but that does not diminish the efforts of all the people from those countries who teach the proper way to play.
    It is unfair and ignorant to take the conduct of an individual and attribute it to a dubious national characteristic. However, (ignorant) people do it all the time, and it creates tension and hatred. Don't settle for a typical, ignorant world view, you are demonstrably capable of more understanding than that.
    Last edited by Betterread; 03-03-2007 at 09:29 PM.

You are aware that the video that started this thread is intended to deride the very POV that you are desperately trying to cling to, right?
    In Italy and Brazil, coaching and teaching good technical skills and communicating tactical awareness is a priority. Are there players from those countries that simulate being fouled - yes - but that does not diminish the efforts of all the people from those countries who teach the proper way to play.
    It is unfair and ignorant to take the conduct of an individual and attribute it to a dubious national characteristic. However, (ignorant) people do it all the time, and it creates tension and hatred. Don't settle for a typical, ignorant world view, you are demonstrably capable of more understanding than that.
    I appreciate what you're saying, BR, but I've just seen too much Italian soccer to knock it off as a totally unfair and unearned prejudice.

Next you'll be telling me that the Mexican national team isn't a bunch of whiners and hack artists?

Arguably the biggest stars for their countries, Michael Ballack (german) and Steven Gerrard (British) have been caught on videotape diving, often with great success. Sheffield united manager Neil Warnock loudly criticised Gerrard for simulating in the Feb. 23 game vrs/ Sheffield United - it was one of the bigger stories of the EPL last week. Do you follow the EPL? If you don't you would see lots of diving by players from all countries.
    Are you saying Gerrard dived ? In the first game of the season Gerrard avoided an attempted tackle by Chris Morgan of Sheff Utd to win the ball, if he did not avoid the challenge chances are he would have been fouled and gained a penalty. What he did was avoid the tackle but lost his footing which the referee saw as intent to foul Gerrard .

A penalty was given (rightly or wrongly) . For me Gerrard did not dive but reacted to a lunge from a defender and just lost his footing and fell down.

incident no 2 last weekend.

Liverpool had a corner, Gerrard & Sheff Utd defender Rob Kozluk had been holding each others shirts while jostling for position in the box before the corner had been taken. The referee spots this and tell them both he is keeping his eye on the situation. Corner is taken Kozluk grabs Gerrards shirt, Gerrard goes down quite easily. Penalty !!!!

For me in this situation Kozluk is stupid to grad Gerrard again after the Ref has had words, Gerrard played for the penalty BUT he was being held by the defender against the laws of the game.

Gerrard is an honest player. No dount about it.

incident one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1tUz6XnlnU

incident two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmFLqg4RFc

My admiration for Gerrard's approach to the game, style of play and integrity is quite high. I have supported Liverpool FC from childhood. Whether or not a penalty kick was justified in either case, Steven Gerrard (in case #1)simulated being kicked when he wasn't; and (incase #2) simulated that he was being held when (it seemed to me) he ran right into the defender/defender's arm. In both cases, he used his reputation and some acting ability to get the referee to see the play the way it would benefit his team best, and his approach yielded two PK opportunities for LFC.

Regardless of whether Gerrard simulated, the fact that Gerrard being accused of simulating is a big deal indicates that simulating is not acceptable in the EPL. I can't speak for play in Mexico, but living in Austria in the '90s and having had an Italian roommate and having watched some Serie A matches, I got the impression from my roommate and his friends that diving was just "part of the game." Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't done an empirical study on diving. But still, I don't think the acceptance of that kind of play was a reflection on him or his friends. I think it's a reflection on the league and the style of play it promotes.

It's like pro sports here. MLB has a strict rule against players arguing balls and strikes with the umpire. It's usually an automatic ejection. On the other hand, the NBA has only recently instituted rules to cut down on players badgering the refs about calls. The result is that players at all levels of baseball rarely argue balls and strikes, but in basketball, you see players giving refs "what for" after foul calls.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

[QUOTE=Yachtzee;1255016] I think it's a reflection on the league and the style of play it promotes.
    [QUOTE]

I am in agreement with you about the league. A professional league should be judged by how it addresses problems with its players, teams and competitions. Serie A is dealing with some pretty big problems right now that make the issue of dealing with simulation seem small (competitive integrity and fan safety are pretty important things). They can (and I am assuming already are doing this) learn from the EPL how a league addresses problems like these, Eventually, I hope that Serie A does more to address diving - as soon as players see a detriment for certain behavior, they logically eliminate it themselves and their teammates.
    All countries and all leagues have to promote fair play and display measures of that promotion - FIFA requires it.

FIFA Fair Play Code

The FIFA Fair Play Code for football encapsulates all of the sporting, moral and ethical principles for which FIFA has always stood and for which it will continue to fight in the future, regardless of the influences and pressures that may be brought to bear.

The ten golden rules not only serve as a credo for FIFA as world football’s governing body, but they also reinforce the sense of fraternity and cooperation among the members of the worldwide football family.

1. Play fair

Winning is without value if victory has been achieved unfairly or dishonestly. Cheating is easy, but brings no pleasure. Playing fair requires courage and character. It is also more satisfying. Fair play always has its reward, even when the game is lost. Playing fair earns respect, while cheating only brings shame. Remember: it is only a game. And games are pointless unless played fairly.

2. Play to win but accept defeat with dignity

Winning is the object of playing any game. Never set out to lose. If you do not play to win, you are cheating your opponents, deceiving those who are watching, and also fooling yourself. Never give up against stronger opponents but never relent against weaker ones. It is an insult to any opponent to play at less than full strength. Play to win, until the final whistle. But remember nobody wins all the time. You win some, you lose some. Learn to lose graciously. Do not seek excuses for defeat. Genuine reasons will always be self-evident. Congratulate the winners with good grace. Do not blame the referee or anyone else. Be determined to do better next time. Good losers earn more respect than bad winners.

3. Observe the Laws of the Game

All games need rules to guide them. Without rules, there would be chaos. The rules of football are simple and easy to learn. Make sure you learn them; it will help you to understand the game better. Understanding the game better will make you a better player. It is equally important to understand the spirit of the rules. They are designed to make the game fun to play and fun to watch. By sticking to the rules, the game will be more enjoyable.

4. Respect opponents, team-mates, referees, officials and spectators

Fair Play means respect. Respect is part of our game. Without opponents there can be no game. Everyone has the same rights, including the right to be respected. Team-mates are colleagues. Form a team in which all members are equal. Referees are there to maintain discipline and Fair Play. Always accept their decisions without arguing, and help them to enable all participants to have a more enjoyable game. Officials are also part of the game and must be respected accordingly. Spectators give the game atmosphere. They want to see the game played fairly, but must also behave fairly and with respect themselves.

5. Promote the interests of football

Football is the world’s greatest game. But it always needs everybody’s help to maintain its greatness. Think of football’s interests before your own. Think how your actions may affect the image of the game. Talk about the positive things in the game. Encourage other people to watch and play fairly. Help others to have as much fun from football as you do. Be an ambassador for the game.

6. Honour those who defend football’s good reputation

The good name of football has survived because the vast majority of people who love the game are honest and fair. Sometimes somebody does something exceptional that deserves our special recognition. They should be honoured and their fine example publicised. This encourages others to act in the same way. Help to promote football’s image by publicising its good deeds.

7. Reject corruption, drugs, racism, violence, gambling and other dangers to our sport

Football’s huge popularity sometimes makes it vulnerable to negative outside interests. Watch out for attempts to tempt you into cheating or using drugs. Drugs have no place in football, in any other sport or in society as a whole. Say no to drugs. Help to kick racism and bigotry out of football. Treat all players and everyone else equally, regardless of their religion, race, sex or national origin. Show zero tolerance for gambling on games in which you participate. It negatively affects your ability to perform and creates the appearance of a conflict of interests. Show that football does not want violence, even from your own fans. Football is sport, and sport is peace.

8. Help others to resist corrupting pressures

You may hear that team-mates or other people you know are being tempted to cheat in some way or otherwise engage in behaviour deemed unacceptable. They need your help. Do not hesitate to stand by them. Give them the strength to resist. Remind them of their commitment to their team-mates and to the game itself. Form a block of solidarity, like a solid defence on the field of play.

9. Denounce those who attempt to discredit our sport

Do not be ashamed to stand up to anybody who you are sure is trying to make others cheat or engage in other unacceptable behaviour. It is better to expose them and have them removed before they can do any damage. It is equally dishonest to go along with a dishonest act. Do not just say no. Denounce those misguided persons who are trying to spoil our sport before they can persuade somebody else to say yes.

10. Use football to make a better world

Football has an incredible power, which can be used to make this world a better place in which everyone can live. Use this powerful platform to promote peace, equality, health and education for everyone. Make the game better, take it to the world, and you will be fostering a better world.

Turn Off Ads?