Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PTBNL for Cody Ross

PTBNL for Cody Ross

Anybody have any info on this? I haven't seen or heard anything regarding this, or is there any speculation on who it will be?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: PTBNL for Cody Ross

I thought we sent them cash instead. Although there have been so many of these type of trades recently I have lost track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I think we are still due a player from the Marlins. We sent Ben Kozlowski to the Dodgers as the PTBNL for obtaining him, so hopefully who we receive is better than that.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

We should send the Marlins this

maybe we will reacquire scott pose

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    maybe we will reacquire scott pose
    If we're going to recquire anyone from the Marlins as the PTBNL for Cody Ross, let it be Buddy Carlyle.

He's 3-1, with a 1.93 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 28IP over the course of 13 games with the Marlins' AAA affiliate in Albuquerque. He's started a couple of games, but mostly seeing action in relief, collecting five holds.

We could use him immediately on the Reds to shore up our bullpen.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guacarock
    If we're going to recquire anyone from the Marlins as the PTBNL for Cody Ross, let it be Buddy Carlyle.

He's 3-1, with a 1.93 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 28IP over the course of 13 games with the Marlins' AAA affiliate in Albuquerque. He's started a couple of games, but mostly seeing action in relief, collecting five holds.

We could use him immediately on the Reds to shore up our bullpen.
    Marc Kroon actually has turned into a not-terrible pitcher as well. Not that he's stuck in the majors either.

I was checking out the Reds offical message board and someone posted about Josh Willingham being on the Lookouts roster.

I just checked and he is listed on the Lookouts roster, but hes also listed on the Marlins 40 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I was checking out the Reds offical message board and someone posted about Josh Willingham being on the Lookouts roster.

I just checked and he is listed on the Lookouts roster, but hes also listed on the Marlins 40 man roster.
    No way we got Josh Willingham for Cody Ross.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513

The same one though? not that there are a ton of Josh Willinghams around, but still its not completely impossible to have 2 of them.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    The same one though? not that there are a ton of Josh Willinghams around, but still its not completely impossible to have 2 of them.
    Im guessing its the same person, both profiles have them listed as 6 foot 1, 200 pounds and born on 02/17/1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Odd. It seems to be the same guy. At least they have the same birthdate (2-17-79). It's got to be a mistake.

If that's who it is 1) Krivsky's more of a genius than I thought, and I already had a pretty high opinion of him, and 2) you can say goodbye to Dunn, Griffey, Kearns, Freel, or Denorfia, most likely one of the first 3 as Willingham would probably start.

What am I saying? He'd be the perfect 4th catcher.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

No way in hell the Reds got Josh Willingham for Cody Ross. They would have to make a statue of Krivsky in front of the GAB if he were to pull of a deal like that.

Freelin' it

Wow, how great would that be if this is indeed true!

Turn Off Ads?