Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Prospect Draft

Re: Prospect Draft

BUMP...with Chick being traded today, Topcat needs to pick another prospect.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran

Kitty is was a sticky, how did you bump it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Well it was bold now since there was a new post, so someone would probably read it knowing that something new was posted in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Well it was bold now since there was a new post, so someone would probably read it knowing that something new was posted in it.
    Ding, Ding, Ding... you got that right!
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    He doesn't have to pick another prospect, unless he wants another one.
    With trade deadline coming up, now's a good time to address this. If you have say, 3 prospects that you have "adopted" and one of them gets traded away, if you don't want to pick up another prospect, you don't have to. If you do want one, then we'll go about it like this:

1) If a prospect you "adopted" has been dealt away, and you want another one, you will have dibs on any prospects coming back to us via a deadline trade.
    2) If multiple prospects are dealt away and multiple prospects come back then we'll go in draft order (on the first page) as far as who has priority to pick first, assuming multiple people want to adopt some of the new prospects.
    3) If your prospect gets dealt away and you don't want another one, please post in here that you will not be replacing "player X," so we'll know we can skip over you and that any prospect aquired in trade is fair game for anyone that wants him.

I don't think we're going to have to worry too much about this as I don't think Krivsky's going to be bringing in many prospects, just major league ready guys.

BTW, anyone hear anything from Z-fly yet?
    Last edited by Red Leader; 07-10-2006 at 01:50 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RL - from the member list, it looks like Z-fly was on the board 7/6/06.

My prospect Darryl Lawhorn was released by the Reds. I request to get a replacement player. I know Topcat gets first choice on replacing his player Travis Chick.

http://starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs....plate=printart
    Article published Jul 12, 2006
    Lawhorn puts bad luck behind him

Darryl Lawhorn's flight out of New Hanover International Airport departed 15 minutes late Tuesday morning.
    Delays have become the norm for the former New Hanover High School standout, who was headed to Kansas City to join an independent league baseball team.
    He hopes to make his long-awaited professional debut Friday night after recovering from his third significant injury, a stress fracture in a leg that sidelined him for two months and caused the Cincinnati Reds to let him go -- the second major league-affiliated team to release him following injuries.
    No one can remember a player of Lawhorn's magnitude having to wait three-plus seasons to begin his career.
    John Manuel, Baseball America's co-editor in chief, searched a data base and couldn't come up with a player with a comparable plight.
    Howard McCullough, the Arizona Diamondbacks' scout who signed Lawhorn as an 11th-round choice from the 2004 draft, couldn't think of a player whose luck was as bad.
    "I can't think of any other cases like his,'' McCullough said. "He's such a good kid with a passion for baseball.''
    McCullough said Lawhorn probably missed few games with the Wildcats and stayed healthy for most of three seasons at East Carolina, where he played in 64, 60 and 54 games.
    Lawhorn was a first-team, Freshman All-America outfielder and Manuel said he was one of the top five newcomers in the nation in 2002.
    He slammed 33 home runs his first two seasons with the Pirates.
    He originally broke a bone in a foot while fouling off a pitch in April 2004 and two months later suffered a second fracture in the same foot. The Diamondbacks took him anyway and signed him in January 2005, but Lawhorn re-broke the same foot that spring and Arizona released him. After rehabbing last summer, the Reds signed him over the winter.
    "You hate it for any kid, especially one with Darryl's bat potential,'' McCullough said.
    Lawhorn came off the disabled list last Friday, but the Reds released him, leaving him only one option -- to prove himself in the Northern League. He will play second base for the Kansas City T-Bones, managed by former big leaguer "Dirty" Al Gallagher.
    "It's been a battle and hopefully I'll stay healthy and get picked up at the end of the season by a major league affiliate,'' Lawhorn said.
    Lawhorn doesn't seem bitter and called the setbacks bad breaks.
    His latest injury happened during a conditioning drill while running bases in extended spring training.
    "I was going one way and my leg went the other,'' he said. "It's just bad luck right now. It will eventually turn to good luck.''
    Chuck Carree: 343-2262
    chuck.carree@starnewsonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    My prospect Darryl Lawhorn was released by the Reds. I request to get a replacement player. I know Topcat gets first choice on replacing his player Travis Chick.
    I have edited the first post in this thread. At the bottom you will see replacement draft with players to be replaced. I will send a PM to Topcat when I get a minute to see who he wants to replace Travis Chick with, and then it will be your turn to replace Lawhorn. Sound ok?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks Red Leader that sounds great.

The prospect I have chosen to adopt is 19 564 Derrik Lutz rhp George Washington DC (Cape Cod League) Till he is asigned I will not be positng on him though
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I draft for my new prospect 16. Jamie Arneson, LHP, Bakersfield (Calif.) CC
    6′5″/195#, L/L, Age 20
    http://reds.mostvaluablenetwork.com/...draft-roundup/[url]
    16. Jamie Arneson, LHP, Bakersfield (Calif.) CC
    6′5″/195#, L/L, Age 20

“Struck out 102 batters in 81 innings this season.”

“For Arneson, his 16th-round selection came as a disappointment considering his high expectations entering the draft. The lefty, who helped the Renegades to their first outright conference title since 1976, was chosen in the 9th round out of high school and Arneson had hoped to improve on that.

The 6-foot-5 prospect may have scared off interested teams, though, after switching agents the night before the draft.

“I knew it would be a bit of an issue,” he said, “but I didn’t know it would be this big.”

But Arneson still has college eligibility remaining and a scholarship to play for Mike Martin at Florida State if he so chooses. This summer will be spent pondering options and trying to convince the Reds he’s worthy of more money than the average 16th-round pick.

“I’m probably going to play in the Cape Cod league and just show them what I can do and see what they say then,” Arneson said.”

And guess what: Arneson signed at the end of June? Apparently money talks. Or something did.

Topcat it looks like Lutz has been assigned to the GCL Reds.
    http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...d=milb&cid=472
    49 Derrik Lutz P R R 6' 0" 210 21 04-22-1985

The main draft board on the first page has been updated with these two picks. I'm going to keep this thread stickied until after the July 31 trade deadline as I think it's possible more prospects could be on the way out.

Thanks, guys.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Since Tiegs is a draft and follow, can I pick up Daryl Thompson?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

02/08/07
    Last edited by Ga_Red; 02-08-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Turn Off Ads?