Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joey Votto #3 on Baseball America's prospect hotlist

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Joey Votto #3 on Baseball America's prospect hotlist

Votto was on fire this week of course and showed up on the Prospect Hot List at #3. Check it out
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...et/261754.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Votto #3 on Baseball America's prospect hotlist

Zach Ward was in the team photo last week and should have been again this week after another strong performance yesterday.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'd like to point out that #1 on the hot list is one Mr. Micah Owings -- product of The Tulane University of Louisiana.

Roll Wave.

That is all.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I'd like to point out that #1 on the hot list is one Mr. Micah Owings -- product of The Tulane University of Louisiana.

Roll Wave.

That is all.
    For the sake of argument, how long did Owings play at Tulane?

Did he play anywhere else?

(Asked the guy within a stone's throw of the North Avenue Trade School in Atlanta...)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    For the sake of argument, how long did Owings play at Tulane?

Did he play anywhere else?

(Asked the guy within a stone's throw of the North Avenue Trade School in Atlanta...)
    It's not where you start in life, it's how/where you finish.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    It's not where you start in life, it's how/where you finish.
    ... its the journey.

GL

Cruisin' for trouble

Anyone know what Votto is like at 1B defensively?

micah owings attended my high school his first 2 years although i was still in middle school. then he snubbed us and went to gainesville or we would have gone to the final four in baseball and basketball.:thumbdown

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Votto may force a promotion. As of yesterday, he was third in the SL in batting average and tied for the league lead in homers and doubles.

Unlike Bailey, here's where I really want Votto to stay. The jump from AA to the majors is negligably different from the AAA jump, so leaving him in AA shouldn't hurt him there.

Too, if he can improve his numbers even further, he could challenge for the AA Triple Crown. (Wasn't Gary Sheffield the last to turn that trick?) That by itself would make Votto an exemplary prospect-- one of those Top Ten guys every self respecting prospect writer and erstwhile journalist falls all over themselves writing about. That, in turn, should allow Cincinnati an opportunity to dangle him for an excellent arm, should the situation arise, or deal from an area of strength (i.e., 1B) so that he is to come up.

Keeping Votto in AA is a no-brainer, IMO. Unless, of course, Aurillia, Hatteberg, AND Dunn are dealt. Then, he comes up to the Big Club, post-haste.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony
    Unlike Bailey, here's where I really want Votto to stay. The jump from AA to the majors is negligably different from the AAA jump, so leaving him in AA shouldn't hurt him there.

Too, if he can improve his numbers even further, he could challenge for the AA Triple Crown. (Wasn't Gary Sheffield the last to turn that trick?) That by itself would make Votto an exemplary prospect-- one of those Top Ten guys every self respecting prospect writer and erstwhile journalist falls all over themselves writing about. That, in turn, should allow Cincinnati an opportunity to dangle him for an excellent arm, should the situation arise, or deal from an area of strength (i.e., 1B) so that he is to come up.

Keeping Votto in AA is a no-brainer, IMO. Unless, of course, Aurillia, Hatteberg, AND Dunn are dealt. Then, he comes up to the Big Club, post-haste.
    I like your thinking there, Scrap.

Going into last night's game:

13 HR (1st)
    43 RBI (2nd)
    .321 AVG (3rd)

Turn Off Ads?