Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 10 days to cast your All Star votes...

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

10 days to cast your All Star votes...

Only 10 days left and no Reds on the current starter list. Griffey is closest.

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ev...ballot_reg.jsp

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: 10 days to cast your All Star votes...

I have never voted for a MLB All-Star team since I became an adult. I have no problem with those who do and I am not here to argue against it. I do not agree with letting the fans vote... obviously. Just too many starters who are undeserving and I guess I just don't "get it" as to why MLB doesn't see it the same way. I also do not watch very much if any of the All-Star Game. Once again I guess I just don't "get it". I just don't get much entertainment from an exhibition game... despite Bud's new twist about home field advantage for the WS.

I guess it is good that MLB is fan-friendly in this regard (since they are not in so many other ways IMO). But it makes me shake my head when I see about 30-50% of the starters each year.

Please don't get mad at me when or if no REDS are starters!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Use that link and then paste this into the URL when you reach the AL screen

Code:
    javascript: SetCookie("as2006ballot","nl_1b=115135&nl_2b=&nl_3b=115135&nl_ss=115135&nl_ca=115135&nl_o0=115135&nl_o1=115135&nl_o2=115135&nl_w1f=Brandon&nl_w1l=Phillips&nl_w1c=cin&nl_w1p=2b","","/",".mlb.com"); alert("Thanks for voting for all Ken Griffey (and Brandon Phillips)!");document.location.replace("/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/ballot_success.html");

smith....how does that work? I mean I did it....but i just voted for Griffey at like 8 positions!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    smith....how does that work? I mean I did it....but i just voted for Griffey at like 8 positions!
    Exactly!

What it does is fool the ballot. Each position has a set number of people you can vote for when you use the form but what I do is basically take Juniors player ID the ballot uses and puts it in at each position except 2b which i allow for Phillip's as a write in.

When it tally's it uses a cookie that I update with all of Griffeys/Phillips.

very interesting....wonder if it will count all the votes for Griffey as an OF

I have voted and added David Ross as the write in for catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    very interesting....wonder if it will count all the votes for Griffey as an OF
    I have no clue. The tally methods they use is as mysterious as Googles algorithms....

Turn Off Ads?