Turn Off Ads?

Thread: why cant we trade with the angels

why cant we trade with the angels

the angels offense is past pathetic, they have six starters and excellent middle relievers as well as excellent minor league pitchers, they have no proven catcher. Donnelly, Bootcheck, shields any of these pitchers could help. Their offense needs a prompt transfusion to be certified as anemic

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: why cant we trade with the angels

Because after what Norm Charlton and Deion Sanders did to him when he played for the Dodgers, Mike Scioscia hates the Reds.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I've been pushing this for weeks. The Angels are the perfect match. They need offense, particularly OF help, and have pitching of all types to spare.

-edit for spelling- that's what I get for sneaking RZ posts in when I should be working...
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 06-20-2006 at 01:47 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick
    I've been pusing this for weeks.
    I don't even want to know....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

mike scoscia may detest the reds. but we did give them chico ruiz, alex johnson, and jim maloney, not to mention gary nolan

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    mike scoscia may detest the reds. but we did give them chico ruiz, alex johnson, and jim maloney, not to mention gary nolan
    The Reds also took Ramon Ortiz off his hands...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Actually, when Maloney and Nolan were traded to the Angels their careers where finished. I don't think that Chico Ruiz' career ever started. And we flipped them Johnson (who we got, along with Wayne Granger for a fading Vada Pinson) for a much needed pitcher, Jim McGlothin, who had some success with us before arm injuries ended his career.

agree and we purloined Greg Garrett, a redoubtable left hander from the Halos

Maybe they are asking for Dunn and don't want Kearns
    Go Gators!

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Maybe they are asking for Dunn and don't want Kearns
    Take Dunn.. How bout:

Dunn and Valentin - LAA
    Santana, Kotchman(Thinking more of next year), AA Arm, A Arm - CIN

kotchman has mono

the angels offense is past pathetic, they have six starters and excellent middle relievers as well as excellent minor league pitchers, they have no proven catcher. Donnelly, Bootcheck, shields any of these pitchers could help. Their offense needs a prompt transfusion to be certified as anemic
    I don't understand the jeremiads cast at the puissant arms of the Rhinelanders.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

the puissant arms of the rhinelanders have been looking quite attenuated and asthenic lately. Why, the output of the relievers almost matches the dominance of the KC Royals. The Reds bullpen would be much improved if they would add a proven arm so that they would then have three humeri

kotchman has mono
    Actually, just this week, Kotchman began his rehab assignment. Assuming that takes anywhere from a few weeks to a little over a month, he should be ready to contribute in the second half. Certainly in time for a September callup somewhere.

I don't think that Chico Ruiz' career ever started.
    I resent that remark; all the more so because it's largely truthful ...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?