Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Reds/Mets 6/20/2006 Valentin Catching

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Reds/Mets 6/20/2006 Valentin Catching

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Coffey's ERA to 2.30 now.

Don't subtract it out from the rest of the bullpen. There are women and children who lurk around here.
    He's lucky Valentin went for the Inside the park homer.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think this is what happened: Two weeks ago after the road trip, Jerry Narron's home was broken into while Jerry was sleeping. He was given a lobotomy and the small piece of brain he had left was taken by thief. Since that moment, the Reds have won 3 times and not a game has gone by when Jerry he hasn't made some strange move. For instance, tonight has used his closer to mop up, an injured pitcher in close games, an injured player to pinch hit in a crucial moment.
    Where we gonna go?

I was listening to the Mets via XM while out and I felt it was a bad sign that the best we had to bat against Sanchez was Rich. Jacob Cruz might have looked pretty good in that situation, obviously QM isn't even the mix.

I am not going to say amymore. I'm tired as I started complaining about it before game 1 of the season.

I did find it interesting the Reds struck out a grand total of one time in the game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I was listening to the Mets via XM while out and I felt it was a bad sign that the best we had to bat against Sanchez was Rich. Jacob Cruz might have looked pretty good in that situation, obviously QM isn't even the mix.
    Denorfia would have been helpful.

Heck, Olmedo wouldn't be so bad against the righty as opposed to Rich.

Just got back from Shea...what a disgrace. The bullpen just doesn't stop at letting the game get out of hand. They have to make sure there is no comeback possibilities whatsoever.

One observation: Mets fans have fully morphed into obnoxious Yankees fans. Wright gets up and the MVP chants start in his first AB. I made sure to tell my friends who were there (Mets fans) that Wright has a lot of competition on his own team. There were more than a few Reds fans there and these guys were all over them from the start of the game. Multiple brawls at the end of the game, mostly Mets vs Reds fans. When Weathers hit Sanchez, the fans went nuts. There was no way in hell Weathers was throwing at them and they were acting like Weathers went after Wright with a bat.

All in all, a wasted trip. Vegas had the odds on RA grounding into a DP at even money. I think Narron is the only guy who couldn't predict that one. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway, as Weathers was waiting at the bullpen doors with a can of gasoline. Oh well, Joe Mays goes tomorrow. Maybe I should buy some tickets for bleacher seats...

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I did find it interesting the Reds struck out a grand total of one time in the game tonight
    That won't get any mention, I'm sure some other scrappy failure is to blame
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Trade Dunn for pitching. He will bring the most with him.
    Actually Lopez will bring a lot more, he's the one to trade for multiple reasons.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Actually Lopez will bring a lot more, he's the one to trade for multiple reasons.
    Fine trade Lopez for pitching, move BP to SS.

Freel-2B
    BP-SS
    Griffey
    Dunn
    Edwin
    Kearns
    Hat
    Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

In season I don't think either player would bring much other than a couple of minor league prospects and the caveat to even that is finding the right dance partner.

Freel-2B
    BP-SS
    Griffey
    Dunn
    Edwin
    Kearns
    Hat
    Ross

Then when Freel gets hurt or in a offensive slide (like he shows when he plays everyday) slide BP to the top and Olmedo to 2b hitting 8th -

I echo what Flyer said - Lopez isn't going to be traded until the offseason.

And EVERYONE wants pitching.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Then why no market for Burns?

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?