Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What grade do you hand out to Jerry Narron?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • A - Narron's my boy, and he's one of the best managers in baseball!

2 0.81%
  • B - Narron does a pretty good job overall, and I'm pleased with his management.

73 29.67%
  • C - Meah

86 34.96%
  • D - Narron's on thin ice, and the ice is quickly beginning to crack.

48 19.51%
  • F - Narron should be fired right now.

37 15.04%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grade Jerry Narron

Re: Grade Jerry Narron

Last year I gave Narron a C.

This year he gets an F.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've made my decision after watching him manage the top of the 10th tonight against the Padres.

F-

He should be fired tonight after the game.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Can I change my vote to a D-.
    Most Vottomatic Player

F. If he had success anywhere else I would be a little more generous. If he know how to motivate players I would be a little more generous. If he know how to get the best out of people I would be a little more generous. If he didn't let his team quit down the stretch last year I would have give him a chance.

His greatest sin is batting lineup construction, which is a pretty big sin to have as a manager. I gave him a C (generous) on that basis.

I blame Krivsky for the presence of Castro on the roster or the grade would be lower.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Can I change mine to an F?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I think Narron has regressed. F
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

He just needs to be consistent and manage the way he's capable of. If he can do that, he'll give us a chance to win. We all know he's got the ability. He's just got to battle through this. The guy is a winner. He knows how to win. Frederick and Hagerstown know that.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    He's a good stop gap but he won't be the manager to get this team past a .500 record.
    What he said!

Someone pass that man an apple juice!

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    What he said!

Someone pass that man an apple juice!
    Woohoo
    Go Gators!

I didn't vote because there wasn't a choice that fits my position. I want him gone by spring training next year. The Reds are in a position to win with a lot of young talent and I don't see him as a manager who will develop and play young guys if he has any other choice(yeah, I know about Hamilton - he's a special case). The only reason I'd let him finish the season here is because Hamilton probably feels more comfortable with the Narrons. Since I see 07 as a lost cause I can live with Narron on the chance it might be good for Hamilton.

May 16th, 2007 ...

Bronson Arroyo pitches eight outstanding innings and walks off the field after the 8th inning of a 2-2 tie game with a pitch count of 110. Jerry Narron runs Arroyo out there for the 9th inning only to watch Arroyo run his pitch count drastically high, load the bases, and then walk in the winning run.

Arroyo's final pitch count: 129 pitches.

There is absolutely no good reason to let one of your franchise-caliber pitchers - who also happens to be under a fairly expensive contract for several seasons - throw 129 pitches in a single start, much less let him throw 129 pitches in a single start for a team that is 16-24 and in last place in the NL Central.

If Jerry Narron isn't interested in protecting this franchise's prized pitchers, then I'm not interested in him managing this club.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I changed my mind after watching Narron abuse our two best starters(both of whom the Reds control thru 2011), showing no emotion over several terrible misplays and a horrible call on the last pitch. By trying to save his job he could injure BA and/or AH and cripple the Reds chances for several years. Replace him now! F

You said it better than I did, Cyclone
    Last edited by Stingray; 05-17-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Guys I know it would'nt have changed the call on the ball four call BUT Narron should atleat went out there just to show Arryo that im on your side.What does he do thow ran straight to the club house.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

F.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Turn Off Ads?