Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's Loo?

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Where's Loo?

Down the hall,second door on the right.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've heard through the grapevine he's on Dayton's DL with some type of injury to his elbow.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Loo did have an elbow injury earlier this year, so that sounds plausible, but would they really start him out in Dayton?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Loo did have an elbow injury earlier this year, so that sounds plausible, but would they really start him out in Dayton?
    I think I would have started him there. He had hit so well in a wood bat league already and seemed pretty advanced for his level (just a guess though).

Aves, I agree that is where I would have started him, but the fact that they put Stubbs in Billings makes me wonder about that. He may have played with aluminum, but he played in a Big baseball conference in college against some of the best competition around....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Aves, I agree that is where I would have started him, but the fact that they put Stubbs in Billings makes me wonder about that. He may have played with aluminum, but he played in a Big baseball conference in college against some of the best competition around....
    That's true, but I also remember reading in a prestigious baseball magazine that he hit a "soft" .307 in a wood-bat summer league. They might have felt that it was more important for him to learn to hit the wood in a lower level, where as Loo can handle the stick better than Stubbs.

Read that also...makes my head hurt that we drafted a guy in the top 10 who we have to teach to hit out of college.....

Milton Loo is with the GCL team, but is on the DL with the elbow problem still.

Milton Loo played his first professional game today, going 0-3 with 1 HBP for the GCL Reds.

Wonder why Gruler was pulled after 1 1/3 innings. With Gruler's history, I'll assume it's not good.

Gruler has not been going long in games, probably working on building up arm strength still...

Yeah, you're right he hasn't been logging that many innings, but if I recall he did go 5 innings in his last start.

I was wondering the same thing with Gruler. Why would they pull him with 2 outs in the second inning when he seemed to be pitching alright.

Now he is fine china IMO

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg-
    I was wondering the same thing with Gruler. Why would they pull him with 2 outs in the second inning when he seemed to be pitching alright.
    I assume he's on a STRICT pitch count. When he throws that 75th pitch (or whatever the number is) he comes out, no matter what the situation. Sometimes it'll be the end of the 6th, and sometimes in the middle of his eighth batter. You never know.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?