Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best athlete you ever played with

Re: Best athlete you ever played with

Quote Originally Posted by FindlayRed
    I am still pretty young, but in high school I batted against Chad Billingsly of the Dodgers (0-6, 5 K's), and in junior high I played football and baseball against Ross Homan, who is going to Ohio State to play linebacker.
    We'll have to look back on this thread in a few years, as I once babysat Jeffrey Walker, who will be attending Ohio State on a full ride basketball scholarship.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ManITellUWhut
    I went to school with

But I didn't play ball with her.
    Man I Tell U Whut

Me likey Ashley Judd.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

back in my swimming days I swam against two fairly good athletes. One was a very tall 12 yr old who grew to 7-0 out of springfield OH, Jason Collier.

Also in high school a guy by the name of Jay Tant who was a decent football player but a great swimmer. He went to Northwestern and then played 1yr on the Cardinals as a TE

I played high school basketball against Julius Jones (running back for the Cowboys). He was very athletic and quick, but not nearly the best basketball player I ever suited up against. That honor would go to someone named Stacy Ervin, who I doubt anyone not native to VA on here has heard of. Ervin is the number 1 all time scorer in the state of Virginia at any level. He was so ridiculously good at basketball it made many ppl fear being embarrassed whenever they were around him.

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed
    back in my swimming days I swam against two fairly good athletes. One was a very tall 12 yr old who grew to 7-0 out of springfield OH, Jason Collier.

Also in high school a guy by the name of Jay Tant who was a decent football player but a great swimmer. He went to Northwestern and then played 1yr on the Cardinals as a TE

I used to bully Jay Tant when he was about 6 or 7 and I was in grade school. Nothing major, just picked on him and teased him a lot. We belonged to the same swim club and he was friends with my friends little brother. We used to razz both of them pretty good. God did that kid grow into a monster. Shame he didn't stay healthy.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I played Jr. High ball with Carlos Snow and Vinnie Clark--they were in my class at C.A.P.E.

Also, when I lived in Zanesville, I played hoops against Buster Howe. Anybody remember him? As pure athletes go, Buster has to be at the top of the list.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I can answer this question for RFS - he played stick ball against Jim Thorpe.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

My Little League coach in 4th grade was Lions QB, Bill Munson, he pitched batting practice.. so he wins by default. I hit my only little league HR off Al Kalines son Mike, so if we can apply osmosis to the question he'd be in second.

And once I played soccer against a guy who played for the Cincinnati Comets.
    Last edited by westofyou; 06-21-2006 at 03:22 PM.

I once got dusted by former 100 meter record holder Leroy Burrell.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I've raced against two of the past three Indy 500 winners (Buddy Rice and Sam Hornish) and Ryan Newman, who's won a batch of NASCAR races. It's not something I play up much because of my complete disdain for anything IRL, and the fact that Newman was, by far, the dirtiest driver I've raced against in 20 years. In total I've raced against two drivers who've raced in Champ Car, two who have raced in NASCAR Nextel Cup and probably a dozen or so who have raced in the IRL. Of the guys I've listed I'd say Rice is the best of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    I've raced against two of the past three Indy 500 winners (Buddy Rice and Sam Hornish) and Ryan Newman, who's won a batch of NASCAR races. It's not something I play up much because of my complete disdain for anything IRL, and the fact that Newman was, by far, the dirtiest driver I've raced against in 20 years. In total I've raced against two drivers who've raced in Champ Car, two who have raced in NASCAR Nextel Cup and probably a dozen or so who have raced in the IRL. Of the guys I've listed I'd say Rice is the best of the three.
    No, we're talking about athletes here. :
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Queen Christine

I'm also pretty young... but when i was a little girl from 8-13 i played in the ATP juniors and we traveled around the US and carribean, I have played again Laura Granville(top 100 in the WTA, played 1 at Stanford) and Alexandra Stevenson (made it to the Semi's and Wimbledon a couple years back) i beat Granville and lost to Stevenson.... but nothing will ever compare to the beating I recieved from a cocky little blonde girl 3 years younger than me... by the name of Maria Sharapova.... I stopped playing after i lost to her... haha.... i probably should of stuck with it, I had it in the my head that if i couldn't beat a 10 year old when i was 13 i shouldn't play at all... D'OH!

Hey Christine, good to see you around. Those are some serious names you just threw out in Granville, Stevenson and Sharapova. Even if you ranked 4th on that list, you'd still have to be pretty good. It's a shame you gave up on it.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Queen Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Hey Christine, good to see you around. Those are some serious names you just threw out in Granville, Stevenson and Sharapova. Even if you ranked 4th on that list, you'd still have to be pretty good. It's a shame you gave up on it.
    Yeah good to be back around a little bit more, Yeah I was really not even close to being number 4 in that league.... I had my moments... I didn't really give it up, but we moved to NY and it was almost impossible to play in the tournaments because of travel.. I played tennis in college... but i never persued the pros or anything i was to old by the ripe old age of 13

I played high school baseball against Don Robinson, who later pitched for the Pirates and Giants in the 1970s and 1980s, but I never actually batted against him.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?