Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the Reds should promote...

Maybe the Reds should promote...

Phil Dumatrait?

I know he was just promoted to AAA a few weeks ago, but he's done well there so far. I would give him a couple more starts in Louisville and then assuming Joe Mays is not the answer, let him have his shot after the all star break. I know he is still young, but not as young as Homer or any of the others, and worst case scenario it would be better than bringing up (and ruining) any of the youngsters.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Maybe the Reds should promote...

I posted this in the minor league forum yesterday. I think they should give him a shot. He can't be any worse than what we have thrown out there in the 5th spot so far this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'd like to see him get a little more AAA experience, but as long as he performs I've got no problem with bringing him up a little later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    I'd like to see him get a little more AAA experience, but as long as he performs I've got no problem with bringing him up a little later in the season.
    I agree 100%

If they want to stick with Joe Mays as a #5(please kill me), bring him up and put him in the bullpen. He is better than some of the guys in there now.

I'd like to see him brought up in a relief role to ease him into the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana
    Phil Dumatrait?

I know he was just promoted to AAA a few weeks ago, but he's done well there so far. I would give him a couple more starts in Louisville and then assuming Joe Mays is not the answer, let him have his shot after the all star break. I know he is still young, but not as young as Homer or any of the others, and worst case scenario it would be better than bringing up (and ruining) any of the youngsters.
    If Mays struggles and Dumatrait continues to have success at Louisville, I don't know how Krivsky can justify not promoting him to the majors unless he has a deal in the works to bring a starter via trade.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    I'd like to see him brought up in a relief role to ease him into the bigs.
    Yep! Earl Weaver-style. He can take Hammond's spot.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    Yep! Earl Weaver-style. He can take Hammond's spot.
    Hammonds has a DERA in the 3's, at 3.91. And that's with his slow start. Only Cofffey at 3.55 is better on the Reds. Hammonds is not the problem.

The Reds are not going to rush to promote any of the prospects in the minors until they are forced to. While they would, most likely, be an improvement over the dreck at the big league level, promoting them now starts the tolling of major league service--they will then be eligible for arbitration sooner, and if they are successful, they will be more expensive at an earlier date.

While I may or may not agree with this, I believe this is the reason they haven't promoted any of the prospects at this point.

Of course, we all remember when they did promote a bunch of youngsters a couple years back very quickly and most of them flamed out quickly and aren't even in the Reds Farm System or big leagues anymore, so service time isn't an issue with the likes of Reith, Davis or even Wagner for that matter.
    Win the Division

I thought he got smashed the other night in AAA?
    Go Gators!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

If Burns wouldn't have been creamed in the 10 innings he's pitched in the bigs this year, based on his AAA record, we'd all be clamoring to bring him up.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Code:
    W 	L 	ERA 	G 	GS 	CG 	SHO 	SV 	IP 	H 	R 	ER 	HR 	HB 	BB 	SO 	WHIP 	HLD 	GF
    2	2	3.28	4	4	1	0	0	24.2	28	10	9	3	0	3	16	 1.26	0	0
    Not bad #s after a bad first start
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    Hammonds has a DERA in the 3's, at 3.91. And that's with his slow start. Only Cofffey at 3.55 is better on the Reds. Hammonds is not the problem.
    What's his DERA now?
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

I love his K/BB ratio.

Stick him in the pen for now, and see what happens.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?