Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds named to the Futures game

Reds named to the Futures game

The selection show is on right now.
    Joey Votto has been named to the World Team.
    Homer Bailey was named to the US team.

I think that was it. Some nice names overall on the teams though, always a fun game to watch.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 06-21-2006 at 01:10 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds named to the Futures game

Congratulations to my drafted Reds prospect Homer Bailey and to Joey Votto for being selected to the futures game.

Chattanooga manager Jayhawk Owens will be a coach for the US team.

Homer Bailey, the top prospect in the Cincinnati Reds organization who joined the team Monday from the high Single-A Florida State League, is scheduled to start tonight for the Lookouts. Asked if he would have any 11 th-hour advice for Bailey, Owens said, "Just make sure he knows the offensive signs. He’s got to go up and hit now."

Before Wednesday’s game, Bailey and Votto were named to opposite rosters at the Futures Game, which will be held July 9 at Pittsburgh’s PNC Park.

Bailey, from La Grange, Texas, will represent the United States team and Votto the World team.

Owens will serve as a coach on the U.S. team. Bailey, Votto and Owens will be the lone Reds representatives at the event.

"I’m happy to have this chance," Votto said. "That was a goal of mine at the beginning of the year."

When told Bailey had made the U.S. team, Votto said, "I hope I get to face him."

http://www.tfponline.com/QuickHeadli...26ID%3DAr02902
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Three Lookouts In MLB Futures Game July 9
    by Tim Evearitt
    posted June 22, 2006

Two players on the 2006 Chattanooga Lookouts will participate in the Major League Baseball Futures Game on July 9th. Chattanooga manager Jayhawk Owens will be a coach on the U. S. team.

Joey Votto, a Canadian, will play for the World Team. Votto, who may have a chance to win the triple crown in the Southern League, is ranked third in average (.315), first in home runs (14), first in RBI (46), first in hits (88), first in doubles (23), first in extra-base hits (39) and first in runs scored (48).

Homer Bailey, from LaGrange, TX, will play for the U. S. Team. The 20-year old right handed pitcher was called up to Chattanooga Monday and started his first game for the Lookouts Thursday night. Before being promoted, Bailey went 3-5 with a 3.31 ERA at Sarasota (A, FSL). Bailey was the Cincinnati Reds' first round pick (7th overall) in the 2004 First-Year Player Draft.

Owens, who caught in over 130 Major League games, will serve under Hall of Fame catcher, Gary Carter, who will manage the team. Owens is looking to become the first Lookouts' manager to lead Chattanooga to first and second half championships since a trio of managers (Dave Miley, Tom Nieto, and Ron Oester) did it in 1991.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_88019.asp
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?